Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    Hi Damian,
    I apologize for not updating yesterday. We continue to work with the legal team. We are making substantial progress and I expect to have an announcement within the next few days.
    • Here's hoping we get shipping again. My X8 is terrific as is the Pixhawk.

Good luck with resolving the export issues.

A supporter forever....
  • So is there an update to this situation? Should have grabbed a pixhawk when I could, I really don't want to support our local Chinese cloners.

• Can it be that the US government is trying to help its friends in the east to prevent this kind of outragious criminality ?  :D

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/russians-capture-cigaret...

Now seriously, where will we get our Ardupilot/arducopter hardware in the future? Or do we have to go for expensive proprietary stuff?

• This will not be a problem.

The advantage is open source, it will still exist, and "anyone" can make the (open) hardware.

So the paranoid beurocrats over there are only sabotaging US industry, nothing else.

Soon you'll be able to but it as usual, with just some more paper-mess to cope with.

• I wonder if this will be banned technology as well when hits the market in 2017 for $ 85 000

http://aerofex.com/theaerox/

you can reserve one now for $5,000....

• Thanks for the link, Felix.

$20k sounds pretty reasonable to me, *if* it delivers ...

> Nothing you cant build yourself, for a fraction of cost....I do like a lot camera gimbal antivibration integration...

Sure, if your time is worth  a few bucks an hour at most. Not saying it can't be done, but:

Let's see:

- Design/model/select optimal motors/esc/props

- Design and build shell with vacuum molding

- Design build frame, landing gear, BL gimbal, integrate, test for noise, stability, response,  test for structural integrity, test for ... (long list)

- Tweak FC and PID's, tweak gimbal controller PIDs, select antennas, integrate with tablet, test, test and re-test. Rebuild when crashes ... Spend days messing around with parameters. Repeat, over and over, etc ...

And on and on ... By the time you've done that, you'll have spent hundreds of hours, and several thousand dollars on parts, and that's assuming you did not have too many crashes or "unexpected" issues, and you already know everything there is to know about the technology. And unless you are an ace and have your own fabrication plant, it still won't be as clean.

Meanwhile, if you are a pro photographer or surveyor, charging $10k or more for jobs, you don't have hundred of hours that you can allocate on building such things, and you just can't afford your DIY copter going down on your next job. $20k for ready to fly, all tweaked, all working, out of the box ? Good deal ...

• haha...I can only laugh on this propaganda....27394 $ for something no one saw how is flying, how camera gimbal works...carbon vacuum molding...nice..what about electronics inside that carbon and interference carbon make?also what happens when you crash it?u buy new one or you can exchange some of parts?...I don't think so...for sure I like a look, and for sure I would buy one of this nice designed multi but for much less $ since parts inside is nothing revolutionary or special

I guess somebody in police, army or some other government agency who spending taxpayers money can pay that price and order few hudreds after somebody give them $ under the table....

"Meanwhile, if you are a pro photographer or surveyor, charging $10k or more for jobs..."....haha...how many like that is here????I keep reading about those people,and I am eager to finaly meet one...some people I know bought ready to fly multirotors and it was newer ready,(of course sometimes u get education week in price,thats nice)and usualy solutions like that is 2x or 3x or 5x of parts price...you need to learn something first and than fly....process of building and rebuilding teach you all important things...don't you see more and more manufactures try to sell you "RTF" solutions and in that way try to justify ridiculously high prices.... 

Also I do not except story how expensive is to run a shop and have all the parts in stock,labor hours,exploring etc.etc....do you know what prices this distributors get from China factories???

I will give you one example on  DJI Zenmuse Z15 Z15-N 3-Axis Gimbal Camera Mount...price is $3,442

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-zenmuse-z15-z15-n-3-axis-gimbal-came...

and now check this if you buy 100 peace of that(and this is web link not even factory price)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Big-Promotion-DJI-Zenmuse-Z15-Z15-N-...

$376 for one!!!!!

Also,do you remember name of this forum is DIY...

I am sorry,I can understand RTF approach but I am not on that train....

• Distributor

I did see those copters fly at the UK Security and Policing Event- they looked pretty well made

• Thx for link Felix...some nice multis there....

This reply was deleted.

Activity