Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

I think the consensus is that 3DR products may be subject to ITAR restrictions possibly due to their ability to run autonomously. ITAR isn't new so wouldn't be in the news. If they are found to have violated expert regulations then I think the penalties are quite severe so we may not see 3DR come out the other side of this. 

They're also probably being legally gagged from discussing details with anyone other than their legal team. This would explain why there is no full detailed explanation.

All guess work but it fits what's known so far I believe.

• I thought 3DR was supposed to have an official statement by now.
  • Use the Shipito Nevada warehouse so you don't pay CA sales tax.  ;)

• bylo by fajn tuhle otazku smazat, nez jim dojde, ze to tak delaj vsichni. jo jde to.

• "All your bases are belong to us"

Lets hope none of the letters Chris has got on this includes this statement...:-)

• About that deleted reply from well.. let he be anonymous. I dont want attack against of 3dr. It is great company and I still want wait some time if they get their business back to running (I prefer use their product). Clearly I had also old information of that DRM. And I know that all part of that project is GPL and I am free to build my own version if I like. Still it is not a point. 

My point is just that opensource community should not lead project to position where project is strongly depended company what stands in country what is very well known of this kind problems. I just say that community really needs another company to europe. It give faster delivery times to europe and better way to avoid brain farts of law makers. I am really happy if owners of 3DR can do that. But if it is too big personal risk to them (clearly there is things what they cannot even speak as public) then I just hope that some one else in community do that and try preserve fairness also for people of 3DR and all other who have contributed to this project. 

• I take some umbrage to that statement.

While we ARE an equal opportunity distributor of Brain Farts, the US is NOT the sole source. :D The EU is just as full of brain farts as the US; though admittedly first and foremost among them is the fact that they actually listen to the US about ANY D@MNED THING.

Of course, if 3DR could get its product dispatched by our well-oiled International Brain Fart Deployment System, they'd never have another complaint about their deliveries... we're pretty good at getting them right where we want them right on time, if not ahead of schedule. ;)

and I've NEVER, EVER, heard of one of our Brain Farts being held up in Customs. :lol:

mnem

*Planning a pants-free day tomorrow*

• This nonsense never happens in Australia. I guess the Northern hemisphere is backwards or something.

• Seriously mP1?  Australia has to be the MOST highly regulated country in the world...I thought the US was bad until I had a chance to get to know Oz...

This reply was deleted.

Activity