100KM

AC3.0.1b horrific damage

I loaded up AC3.0.1b and took my hexa out for a spin - everything went well in Stab, so i switched to Alt Hold, Loiter and finally RTL. Hexa landing was perfect and uneventful. I dumped my hexa back home because I needed to rush off for a collection, to my horror my hexa was totally destroyed when I got back home. Below is a picture of the APM removed. Hexa frame is in tact with only a motor shaft and prop broken. Telemetry and uBlox a total loss.

3691042734?profile=original The APM powers on, but there were no logs that could show the cause of this damage... Until my wife entered my garage and fessed up - she accidentally drove over my hexa (parking right on top of it). We can go into view angles and her not being able to see the hexa, but ultimately the lesson is: NEVER leave your hexa on the garage floor.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can you download your Wife's LOG files...

Without them its very difficult to see what mode she was in when the damage occurred...

Maybe she breached the GeoFence and entered RTL...?

(sorry trying to make light of situation..But hope you can repair)

• Better add that to the wiki.....  Hahaha

• Developer

I feel for your loss....... I also see the funny side....... I am also glad that it wasn't caused by a problem with the code :)

Hope you are back in the air soon!

This reply was deleted.

Activity