Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello -

Been looking to see how I can force NTSC mode.  A search indicated there was a special NTSC version but it's not in the download section of the project.

Is it as simple as editing "ArduCam_Max7456.cpp" to skip the detect function and set it to NTSC?

Thanks.

• Is it theoretically possible to do a PID configuration software for minimosd when tx and rx are connected to APM?

BTW: The code is very big. Is there a way to reduce the codesize? Maybe reducing some "included"/"library" stuff to the really needed?

So long

Crashpilot

• hello, not sure if it's already beendiscused , but is it possible to display the sonar readings on the osd?

Thanks

•  Hello,F11music!

If you asking about RC RX - it is FRSky D6R.

But how type of receiver can influence OSD?
    Regards,
    Dmitry
  • Hello, Gábor!
    Today I tried new Firmware 2.1.

I use APM1 Plane 2.64 and see flashing "Battery Low" regardless  of "Min Battery Voltage" - i tried 0, 1, 10, 14 V.

Most strange I see real voltage "Battery A" 14V

Please explain what a voltage used for comparsion with "Min Battery Voltage"?
    Also I never seen "Stall Warning" with unmovable plane.

My OSD Config is in attached file.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Dmitry

my02.osd

Greetings,

I made this same request in another thread, however I believe it might be better suited here. I am operating in a HAM frequency band and need to be able to transmit my call sign at regular intervals along with the video stream (a constant static display would be fine, nothing fancy). This is a compliance issue, when using HAM frequencies, besides having to have a license to operate on those frequencies, you are required to transmit you call sign at regular intervals. Since many of the available video transmitters are broadcasting in these frequency bands it should be a highly desirable feature. I have seen at least 3 other requests for this feature in other threads and would like to know if this would be possible to have in the next revision. It would need to have the ability to be configured by the user to display their unique 6 character call sign (I believe this would cover all call sign combinations, most US are 5 character and Canadian are 6 character).

Anyway I'm loving what I'm seeing and hope to see this added to the next revision.

Regards,

Nathaniel

• Hello to everyone,

A new stable release of MinimOSD Extra firmware (V2.1) is now in downloads area. There are many changes since the last stable. Among them are the support for two independent panels that can be switched using the mode channel, three position switch and also a momentary switch (like the trainer switch). These are many other changes that were perfected in many pre-release versions to achieve the current version.

In line with this changes in firmware, a new configuration tool is up and running. You can find the new downloads here.

Hope you enjoy it!

• Gábor/Pedro : Thank you.

I've just returned after flying MinimOSD Extra 2.0.7 Pre Release Version r165.hex configured with Config Tool 2.05 from scratch.

The setup, panel configuration,  and "rotation switching"  worked great.

For what it's worth - my problem with getting airspeed to work after ver 2.60 , was because I did not wanted AP to use it (ARSPD_USE=0)  - bug reported:  http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/issues/detail?id=755

Did not had chance to test waypoint info, as my AP was anything but correctly tuned - will be fixed in the next few days I hope. A year ago, I had problem with AP descending until terrain if ARSPD_USE=1, even if AS was well above cruiseAS and FBW min. Hope that bug is gone.

• A little confusion about extra data:

During this thread, I found at least three suggestions to what is needed to get all features of MinimOSD Extra to work:

SR0_EXT_STAT=3 , some say 2

SR3_EXT_STAT=3, some say 2

SR3_EXTRA3=5

The discussion is hard to search, but I assume there may be more.

I do not wish to saturate the telemetry link more than necessary, could somebody please confirm what is really needed, and what frequency ?

• Just noticed the video and see the answers to changing the display but didn't find any info about the rest.

This reply was deleted.

Activity