Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, I just uploaded recent version of MininOSD Extra Plane: MinimOSD Extra Plane 2.3 Pre Release r585.hex

and wonder why WP Distance is displayed if no Way Point was set? In previous version it was hidden with no Way Point?

Regards,

Pavel

• Hey gang,

I'm still around - too many projects so little time.

Just a quick question - where can I find the source code for the minimosd config tool?

Cheers

• Hi,

There is a new copter pre-release r605 in downloads area.

Improvements over previous pre-release:

Used mAh bug fix
    Arrows bug fix

Regards,

Miguel

• Hi Gabor, 

I am having trouble getting my minimOSD v2 to connect via ArduCAM OSD Convig v2.1.2.  It does put an overlay on my video when I hook it up in the plane, but; I need to make several config changes like, I'm in America so I need to set NTSC as video mode and I would also like to make a number of other cosmetic changes.  I am using the 5v FTDI basic usb adapter.  dtr, rx,tx,5v,cts,gnd from the top.  Failed to talk to boot loader, failed to download data?  I have tried switching the tx rx no love.  Do I need to power the 12v rails to configure?

• So thank you for you all again.

I did all your suggestions and it seems to work now.:

Attila

• Hi,

There is a new copter pre-release r602 in downloads area.

Improvements over previous pre-release:

Home arrow bug fix
    Real heading arrow bug fix
    Time of flight bug fix when timer panel not selected
    Bug fix panel 1 flickering while in warning auto switch
    Saving code space

Regards,

Miguel

• Hi MoonWalker
    I think you have the wrong charset installed.
    Try to use the newest one.
  • Hi All,

unfortunately i have a problem with AH on the Minimosd like this:

do you have any ide why the horizon line is so cluttered?

thanks Attila

• Greetings to everyone once more!

I spent this morning trying to get Crashpilot's RSSI PWM patch (I am using an frsky rx also) to work with latest copter code but no luck. Any plans to add it to the official release some point ? :)

• Hi again! I have some questions:

1) What is the range of the mavlink_msg_gps_raw_int_get_cog(&msg) parameter?  (0 +360), (0 + 36000), etc?

2) from description of the  MinimOSD Extra Plane 2.2.hex:

WP distance and direction panels are merged and only comes up when there is an active waypoint. I also added Crosstrack error so it is a 4 in 1 panel now

How can I make the active waypoint in manual mode (or in FBW mode). I make few waypoints in the Mission Planner, write it to APM 2.5, but I dont watch it on OSD. ("WP distance" shows WP0 and distance 0)

Could you help me please?

Regards

Roman

This reply was deleted.

Activity