Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi!

I would like to see the voltage of a second battery on the OSD, and have found some references to a "voltage B" in the MinimOSD-extra source code. But it is commented out. I am going to connect the second battery to an analog port on the APM through a voltage divider.

Does anyone know the status of the second battery monitor in the APM / MinimOSD-Extra? 

I am in the process of installing an APM in an old Skywalker that currently has another OSD with two battery voltages displayed. Monitoring the video battery voltage has saved proved useful as it saved my plane once. The NanoTech lipo was bad and the voltage started dropping extremely fast after only a minute, The camera went black just seconds before the panic landing, but the plane survived without a scratch.

• I found the problem. The Tx and Rx are labeled wrong on the Telemetry Distribution. Rx labeled as Tx and visa versa. The giveaway is the jumper is labeled Rx-En and should be labeled Tx-En. Just switched the wires and it works fine.

• According to their site, it says if you are using telemetry modem and / or ioboard then you should remove the jumper. I'm using telemetry so I removed it but when I do that, minimosd goes to the startup screen and stays there displaying:

G2.3

MinimOSD Extra 2.4

Copter R682

When I connect the jumper the OSD panel comes back but it's still not updating the data.

• Looking for some clues here as to why my OSD is not updating the data. I've been using this OSD for a while with no problems but then did a complete rebuild of the copter and now it's just showing zeros, mode in STAB even if I'm not. The only thing updating is the flight time. Low Battery warning and Low RSSI rotating also.

I'm using 3.1 copter, APM2.6, R682

The only thing I did different was use the new Telemetry Distribution board from jdrones. I have xBee on it's mini connector and OSD on 4pin connector with TX line not connected to OSD. Everything else works fine and it's communicating with Mission Planner fine. It just seems the mavlink stream is not getting to the OSD.

Anyone using this http://store.jdrones.com/Telemetry_distribution_p/tlmdist001.htm from jdrones?

Bluetooth telemetry
    Long range telemetry set for all your UAV and UAS needs
  • I'm really happy with minimosd and big concern will minimosd/mavlink work with pixhawk?

Same connectors or is a rebuild necessary?

• On the latest Arducopter release 3.1 I did notice that some SR (stream rate) params were changed, e.g. SR0_EXTRA1, is now 10, before it was 2. Those param looks are referred also to minimOSD (extra) communication.

In this wiki for minimOSD extra, are described the values for those params.

Could someone please tell which are the latest params to be used with AC 3.1 and minimOSD extra?

• 1387052689_1_FT127_img_20131214_111005.jpgCareful at winter time! :)

• some recent video using r712 I think...  had some strange artifacts.. I downgraded since then and I have forgotten which version this was .. but I think it was 712.

http://youtu.be/YzBE2BefNeE

• does anyone know how to configure minimosd using the tool , without an ftdi cable ? can I use my 3dr telem radios? to program it?

• Hey Miguel and Gabor,

I've always had minor issues with alignment and the like when configuring my OSD, but this latest iteration has me really confused.  I've tried reloading the copter firmware (719), and the mcm included in 713 (of course with the 12v side powered) and I'm not getting any resolution.

Here is what it is supposed to look like:

3692895112?profile=original

And here is what it looks like:

3692895134?profile=original

As you can see, it has "mah" littered all over randomly, and it is not displaying my Altitude, and has my "Throttle" panel moved to the left a few places.  The left side is just wrong all together showing more of those "mah"'s and bits from my throttle from the other side.

Can you help me out?

Thanks as always!
    Josh

This reply was deleted.

Activity