Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, everybody, newbie here. Now I'm using MOE 2.4 r 727, on apm 2.7 and minim V1.1., it goes fine, only that doesn't show autotune, the others flight modes  are shown correctly. I'm trying to load R800, I have follow all the steps explained on the posts here, but I get nothing. I think it may be some parameter to change on apm. I have the recommended parameteres for plane (https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM), or perhaps is a hardware requirement. Can any one post the hardware requirements and apm plane parameters needed to run R800 satisfactorily?. Thanks in advance.

• I have a problem with changing characters

I OSD:
      http://www.banggood.com/MinimOSD-MAVLink-OSD-APM-APM2-Flight-Contro...

2015071908582991-73436.jpg

controller APM2.6

I'm doing everything like this:

1. Begin EEPROM Erazem
      2. Start with "OSD_Config.exe" from Firmware 2.2.0.0
      3. In Table "Options" Click on "Update Firmware ..." and "Charater_Updater_FW.hex"
      4. In tab "Options" Click on "Update charset ..." and "MinimOSD_2.4.0.2.mcm"
      5. In tab "Options" Click on "Update Firmware ..." and "MinimOsd_Extra_Copter_R800.hex"
      6. Set the date you wish to have.

The characters do not change ...

and leaves me with something like this:

?thumbnail&link=GQNmf&id=f533a4cac50d45f438bff3ad1d2c1fa0&size=F

?thumbnail&link=wpfEL&id=d680b8dd380397d0c63eae800b198f8a&size=F

• I have the same problem see here : https://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/wiki/Troubleshooting " Usually it happens with some PCs with lower USB voltage " , I had a bad usb cable , the 5v was too attenuated , I exchange, it's ok , I did not need to make a erase memory

• The charset is not uploading even tho it seems so.

Connect 12v to the camera side while uploading the charset only.

You dont need it for firmware to upload.

Bjoern

• During the flight it is on ECS and video but does not affect the work.

I concluded a jumper as the web
          When programming also powered from 12V or only with USB
          Unfortunately unchanged.

Do you punch RESET At one point, when programmed?

DiagramaMinimOSD_OP.jpg

• About the reset button....

Do you see the prograssbar when updating?

If you dont have a full cable connected you need to press reset on both charset and

firmware upload. If you can upload firmware without pressing reset, you should be able to

update charset without too.

• Programs the 5 wire
              A progress bar appears and the program confirms the program.
              The characters are unchanged because when wgram the "R" Oldest then the characters are shell but do not work flight modes and other news ...

I do not know how to do it ...

:-/

• Hi Marek,

Sorry to see that this is not working for you.

It did for me as I described in my previous report.

Just a wild guess though: Did you try NOT mounting the MinimOSD on your EMAX 4in1 and your video transmitter.

Maybe it's interfering the signals. Don't know only guessing.........

• Help ! I have APM 2.6 FW 3.2 Minim OSD 2.1.2.0 FW I have OSD wired as per instructions. power from APM tel port both LEDs on OSD lite (power to both sides)3rd LED flashing.  FPV video good but no OSD overlay. I have powered also via UBEC (OSD) with no luck. I do have 3DR and it works fine. Do I need to set APM par with 3.2 FW to get overlay ?

• Is it possible to disable the flight summary page, or customise what is displayed?

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity