Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, sorry if this question has been asked before, but i am very new to the miniosmd.

Thanks for the effort you all have put into this.

I have the following problem:

My camera (Xiaomi Yi) outputs the video at the AV out as 4:3 but with black bars at top and bottom.

See the picture here: 

img_20150907_1131203hsw8.jpg?width=400
    Now my screen just supports stretching the video to 16:9. The Problem is, the image then looks like this:

img_20150907_113130pvs4x.jpg?width=400

So despite the video itself having the right aspect ratio, I can just use that small 4:3 image on my screen, if I want to have the video in the aspect ratio on my display.

The problem is, that the camera outputs the video in the wrong way.

So my question is: can the miniosmd "compress" the video like in this image? (photoshopped):

img_20150907_113120_subs15.jpg?width=400because if the video was transmitted like this, i could set my screen to 16:9 and have the fullscreen video on it!

the technique is called anamorphic widescreen and is used with dvd video!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic_widescreen

thank you very much in advance!

Anamorphic widescreen
    Anamorphic widescreen (also called Full height anamorphic or FHA) is a process by which a comparatively wide widescreen image is horizontally compres…
    • So my question is: can the miniosmd "compress" the video like in this image?

Here comes the long answer: NO

• thanks. I now got it working without miniosmd thanks to funnel who provided me with a script!

In case anyone is interested:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/yi-hacked-resolution-2304x129...

Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits
        Just wanted to share my findings. By disassembling and analyzing the firmware I was lucky and found the bit that controls the resolution. I made two…
  • I would like to say thanks to you guys. MiniOSD is an excellent and cheap OSD system for APM and others. The additions you made are really valuable.

CHEERS.

• Not sure if this is quite on-topic, but since there seem to be some experienced OSD'ers here... :)

Just took my Eyefly Goliath for a spin over the area...nice 10 minute flight with video (tho gotta kill that jello!) at 170m up.

It was, however, windy as hell - but the craft handled it in its stride.  But, on large pitch/roll movements (and I can get the same thing happening when just hovering in the back yard with a bit of stick) the OSD disappears, never to return (thank goodness for RTL if I ever got lost!).

I'm assuming it's a power brown-out on the OSD that's causing the lack of output.  This machine runs a minimOSD 1.1 with both 5v (via APM telemetry output) and 12v (via the vTX).

What's the best way to keep a regulated power supply to it?  I run an APM power module on this also, but the ESCs are optos so I can't steal a feed from one of those.  Do I simply need a UBEC plumbed into the circuit, removing the +vcc and gnd from the telemetry input?

• I'm not very experienced OSD'er but that's what I did, a dedicated ubec to OSD, and only powering 5V side, it solved any stability issues I had.

• There's missing GND connection:

- between APM and OSD,

- between OSD and VTx/camera.

On video side there're also mixed colours of power wires (usually GND is black and positive power is red).

• Ops, you are right, standard wires colours were mixed, but connections are OK, there must be some kind of pass thru, cause I've only power 5v side with ubec and haven't solder or jump anything else, also I've connected video In and Out between Osd (Micro Hk OSD) and Vtx/camera (ET600) and nothing more. And between OSD and APM (MiIcro HKPilot) only telemetry, no GND cable among them, and I have a very stable overlay data.

3702801322?profile=original

• Rssi problem.

I am running minim osd R800 with latest firmware & charset and using an ezuhf to control pixhawk. I have set it up as per the youtube video here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7-D96FIK0.

It says to use link quality on channel 8. All works well except I have a second percentage beside my rssi so it looks like this on screen:

RSSI 99%8%

Am I doing anything wrong?

This reply was deleted.

Activity