Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I fly airplanes but don’t get any of the new flight modes. I use the new CRUISE mode but that does not show up on the screen. It shows up in the Mission Planner correctly.

Am I missing some update? The documentation and links from plane.ardupilot.com are very outdated and not helpful. For someone like me that’s setting up the OSD for the first time it’s somewhat frustrating.

APM Plane with a Pixhawk.

• Looks like you need to update your MinimOSD to the latest firmware which can be downloaded at the top of this forum R800 :-)

• R800 is for losers, I have R806 ;-)

I needed minimOSD to do panel rotation based on a switch state change, not whether the switch is not in the down position, and then getting an infinite rotation between 3 panels.
        It didn't do that.
        Now it does: https://github.com/marcmerlin/MinimOSD-Extra

(R805 was top of tree, but no precompiled binaries. I made R806 for plane and made a precompiled binary)

marcmerlin/MinimOSD-Extra
        MinimOSD-Extra. Contribute to marcmerlin/MinimOSD-Extra development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • Hi there,

I just updatetd to the latest version of minimOSD and now I have problems with the gps realted features.

Numer of sats

Long & Lat values are "0"

3d Fix is positive through mission planner and strange enough I get some "Ground speed" betwenn 1 ...2 jumping.

Any ideas why it does not display the correct infomration?

With the relase before the latest one I had no problems

Cheers

Axel

• As soon as you arm your vehicle the informations should be there.Cheers

Gregor

• Hi Gregor,

thats strange, before I updated me APM parameters the minimOSD displayed the "Number of sats" correctly.

Now I just got a "0" and no readings on LONG and LAT.

Mission planner also report the correct numer of sats and current location. Really strange...

I usually used this info to know if I got enough sats "before" arming

Cheers

Axel

P.S.

I will try to arm and report the results later this day ;)

• MinimOSD with APM, website changed to:

http://rcworld.tk/

AlbEagle

• The link above by AlbEagle was blocked by Mcaffe. Proceed with caution. It nay be a glitch, but, better to be carfull

• Looked OK to me...nothing dodgy there that I could tell :)

• It is my website hosted on weebly and the domain from dot.tk I think dot.tk domains are blocked from some antiviruses and even from sharing it on facebook. The website is clear ;)

This reply was deleted.

Activity