Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you so much!  I will give that a try and let you know how I make out.

Thanks,

John

• My setup: Using 4 panels. first one with most info, second one less, third one no info at all (only the view), fourth panel with summary. I'm using custom charset i did myself (kind of digital charset).

3702216763?profile=original3702216708?profile=original3702216810?profile=original3702216731?profile=original

• I have been trying to get my minimosd setup just like yours and have not had much success. Could it be my cheap clone board? Or do you think I am just doing something wrong? I am usually pretty good with this stuff but I feel like in this case I may just be missing something obvious.

Thanks,

John
  • I've been using that MinimOSD as well. A lot of new features. I really like it :). 3702216566?profile=original

• I have been using Night Ghost I Am's solution for around 3 weeks now, works totally flawlessly. Insane amount of features have been added and there is still space for more.

Personally i love the TLog player, so i can see how the screens look with actual data flowing on them while testing on the bench, and i love that i can have 4 screens when i need, usually using 2 and a blank one for a cleaner FPV output. Having the option to change OSD settings without a computer such as battery warning levels for different size batteries is great too. Being able to see the battery level in icon form saves so much time, i can see instantly how much battery i have left without having to check the mah or %.

3702216249?profile=original

3702216361?profile=original

3702216474?profile=original

3702216422?profile=original

• I can only agree with JohnEx, so much better than the Semi-abandoned R800.

For forgot to mention auto-baud. I used 115200 for telemetry on my APM, as that was the only speed I could use to reliable download tlogs using 3DR radio clones. Any slower, and it would fail. No more recompile for me. This firmware just works with auto baud-rate detect.

Supposedly supports the Micro-MinimOSD voltage/Current pins as well.

Been playing with in on plane, and I really like it. Finally we got an active developed product, and a developer that listens. And something that compiles with Arduino 1.6.8 out of the box.

Nice to see progress in this area, many of us use telemetry, either on goggles or screen.

• Installed 817, but can't get it to accept 818 on my Micro minimosd. Almost ready to solder the isp header. But 816 and 817 looked great at home. Too windy to fly.
  • This firmware does not change for years. New features are rejected due to lack of space.
    But see - https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra

features:

• 4 screens instead of 2
    • screen updates only in vertical sync so there is no "snow" on the screen anymore
    • individual control of sign icon of each panel per screen
    • voltages, current & RSSI can be measured on external pins (that can be found on some boards)
    • RSSI values now is 2 bytes and has no 255 limit
    • TLOG player in configurator - now settings can be checked without working plane/copter!
    • RADAR (like in MiniNAZAosd) and ILS in Horizon, can be enabled individually
    • horizon angles can be adjusted, indepentently in PAL and NTSC - even in field via RC!
    • PAL/NTSC can be detected dynamically - now can use different cameras!
    • screen offsets via configurator and via Setup screen
    • new GPS coords - in one line
    • Any RC channel can be translated to output pin (eg. for cameras switch)
    • Setup screen! Some parameters can be adjusted without computer - by RC
    • HUD borders which can be turned off
    • RADAR point can show track (3 points) - requires charset 2.4.1.2
    • Walkera telemetry output (for DEVO RX705/RX707 receivers) now working!
    • Support for UAVtalk protocol
    • Support for CleanFlight/MWII protocol (untested)
    • Support for AutoQuad's MAVlink dialect (untested)
    • support for new APM_Plane modes for quad-plane

And still 2Kbytes of free flash
    discussion - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2591835

PS. Some screenshots - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34117121&postcoun...

night-ghost/minimosd-extra
    Full rework of minimosd-extra with lots of news. Contribute to night-ghost/minimosd-extra development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • Hello all. Any idea how can I make minimosd extra to work? I have random characters when using r800 firmware but everything seems okay with arducam.
    • You need to flash the special version that lets you flash a character set, upload the character set, and then flash version r800 or later (they are so big that they do not allow character set uploads).

This reply was deleted.

Activity