Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Guys,

Finally got a chance to go out at fly with the OSD on today its very cool. However it may be because it got a little wet but in the van sorting it out i had all the data i wanted updating fine. When i went to fly however i stopped geting any updates to the OSD. Still had text but it was as if it was frozen. Video was still fine. Now im thinking this might be due to a bit of moisture getting in (flying in snow (stupidity)) but was wondering if it had been reported before?

Rob

• I am not getting mav link data after loading the latest firmware and char set for OSDMinim-Extra R800 (from link above).

Some characters are missing such as the Throttle sign and Latitude and Longitude signs.

Everything was working fine using Arducam OSD...

I have reinstalled the firmware and char set several times but still no mav data...

I have the minimOSD V1.1 connected using the 3dr cable from Pixhawk Telem 2 port...

• The instructions here https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

specify for the APM - is it the same for the Pixhawk?

It says to edit SR0 and SR1 which on the Pixhawk I believe those to be serial outputs; SR0 for USB, SR1 for telemetry output1 and SR2 for Telemetry Output 2. Therefore the only changes I require to make would be for the serial output going to the minimOSD right? In my case I have the minimOD connected to Telemetry Output 2 = SR2...

I need some clarification - I have already adjusted the values it describes in the above link with no joy.

• The answer is - The settings are for apm only, and for Pixhawk it depends on what port you are running the minimOSD from. I was using telemetry port 2 = SR2. So I made the changes to the SR2 settings and now it all works :)

• Hello,

We are preparing to bring the project to GIT.

I have also started to update wiki there.

Here is a Link.

Please tell me if something is not explained, not explained as it really work, not even mentioned, etc. :)

Thx,

Gábor

• Awesome glad to see it coming online at github! Looking forward to the changes in 2015, thanks for all the efforts on the dev team side.
  • Ok guys, thanks for all the help. It seems to be working but it seems that when i upload the final firmware choice no matter what it is it seems to upload its own character set with it. I might be wrong but will test tomorrow after my exam :)

• Hello Guys,

Here is where i am up to and very confused. If someone could post a link or explain/help that would be ace!

I have the minim osd and my telemetry hooked up though a y cable.

With the minim osd connected or not i can talk to and from my pc through telemetry how ever if i have the telemetry plugged in i cannot see the OSD on my video feed just the video. Sometimes i do get OSD but it useually  only lasts 20 seconds before freezing. When i dont get osd atall i get the osd booting page but when that is over all the test dissapears. The video still transmits fine.
    With telemetry unconected i get a good solid osd

Any Ideas?

Regards

Rob

• Read somewhere someone had a similar problem and updated to the 2.4 pre release and that fixed it so will try that tomorrow. Its not a well known issue then?
      • 3702682577?profile=original

3702682432?profile=original

Robert,

I had a similar problem with my quadcopter's OSD. It has telemetry plugged in, no problems with that. When I switch on my TX, the overlay works fine, but as soon as the gps show the number of sats, the overlay will turn of. If I press reset the overlay will show up for a second or so.

I have the same board on my Tarot Hexa and the OSD is working perfectly.

So here is my fix:

I remembered a while ago that turning on warnings to display on the overlay was causing problems, but I know this was fixed in later versions of the firmware.

The display of information for my quadcopter's OSD is different from my Hexa, so this morning I changed the display to look exactly the same as the hexa and I have changed the Panel toggle channel on the config page of the GUI from Ch8 to Disabled to see if this helps.

The OSD is working now. I believe some of the selection of information to be shown on the panel makes the overlay disappear as soon as you connect the telemetry radio or in my case when the sats are displayed.

One other thing  I have seen with the minimosd is that it is difficult to completely reset its memory. Running EEPROM Clear alone is not enough and you will get funny looking text. Only way I get my minimOSD to work correctly is to burn the bootloader with USBASP programmer board.

Try the above and let me know. You never know, maybe this will work for you.

Config.jpg

Panel 1.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702682577?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity