Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• for me, I sometimes get "no mavlink" I think this is an issue with the serial output of pixhawk/apm.....  I usually short circuit the power module input plug (without batteries) this solves the problem. 

• What are you doing exactly? I think I need developers help, this is unpleasant bug. Many users got this issue

• exactly "short circuit power module input plug (without batteries)" I use anything I have on my hand for this- a key or a coin oe a paper clip.. anything metal to short input pins. this drains the capacitors and allows to power the board "afresh"  

• 100KM

Is there any way to support a 10S battery with minimosd-extra? The CT only allows up to 25.5v.. I guess 1 Byte for Voltage :/ Is it safe to recalibrate my voltage sensor to an arbitrary value (less that 25.5v)?

• Desperately trying to get this sorted out. Is there anyone here familiar with coding minimosd-extra? Was looking at code on google site and mavlink.ino caught my attention. I don't really know about coding but I did notice that in the code of mavlink.ino it seems to be requesting to get APM info from MAVLINK_COMM_0 which I am assuming translates to SR0 in APM parameters. Since I cannot get my SR0 values to change then I am wondering if that is causing my no APM info problem. Also wondering if changin g this value to MAVLINK_COMM_1 might make it correspond to SR1 in parameters which I am able to change and that might fix my problem. Just an idea. Any input would be welcome.

Thanks,

iamwally

• Hi John,

I'm sure that it doesn't have nothing to do with the communication channels.

From what I remember arducam-osd was sending the"mavlink stream request" message on boot and also from what I remember, minimosd-extra isn't - to save program space.

I know that there was/is an option in mission planner to set the mavlink stream to be always running without the need to request it.

Maybe that's all you need.

And I take the chance of this post to advertise the OSD I'm developing for apm/px4 :) - AlceOSD

Video from today's flight (full flight):

• Tanks for the reply Luis. It would be great if you could remember what exactly that option is in mission planner since I cannot seem to find it in the parameters. BTW- your alceosd looks awesome and maybe I would eventually upgrade to that but first I would really like to get these 2 minimosd boards working to my liking with minimosd-extra!

Thanks,

John

• Hello!

When a new version? RSSI for r800 not working via mavlink in apm copter 3.3 rc5!

• I have tried a bunch of suggestions but still cannot get the minimosd-extra to update apm info. It is like the minimosd-extra is not requesting the apm info. Like I said it works perfectly if I load arducam-osd 2.2 on it so I think that proves out my wiring and hookup. So is it just a bug in minimosd-extra 800? Should I try an earlier minimosd-extra? If so which one and where to get it.

Thanks,

iamwally

• Hi guys and gals! Back again to say I tried loading minimosd-extra 2.2 and it still does not get info from APM. Realoaded arducamosd 2.2 and that works perfectly. This is driving me nuts because I really want to use extra with the small charsets but I can't until I get it to update properly. Very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

iamwally

This reply was deleted.

Activity