Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had the same issue some months ago, is this resolved?

• Hi, I have followed your steps and add channel 4 instead of 5 as i am using 4 ch EZUHF receiver. I compiled it and uploaded the firmware but i can't see channel 4 in CT RSSI channels.

• With the latest CT that came out with r787 I cannot read from a minimOSD flashed with plane r719 (which I believe is the latest?)

Here is a copy of the exception:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '4' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
    Parameter name: SelectedIndex

***Edit:  Just found your link to r788 and that pulls down the plane settings fine.  Sorry for the false alarm!  Would like clarification on r719 being latest Plane fw though?

• Hi Josh,

Latest CT Tool is r788

It fixes the issue you're reporting.

Could you try it please?

Miguel

• Yep, sorry Miguel.  It works fine with r788, I did catch that after the original post.

Any word on the latest version of the Plane firmware?  I am pretty thrilled with r719 of that, however I do get weird behavior in the RSSI panel that I can get to clear if I do a panel reset (switch to screen 2 and back, etc).  I think it is showing the raw PWM value from ch8 perhaps?  I am not sure.  You're welcome to have a look here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjey0LHaG0

FWIW I have tried to look into the issue myself but even with the help you guys have provided I'm still not able to compile the base code, and this is before making any changes.  I am able to get the APM:Plane and APM:Copter stuff to compile though.  :-\

• Hi Josh,

Seeing your vídeo it seems that you have (on screen 1) some other panel "behind" RSSI panel (could you check that please?)

Re compiling if you use ArduPilot-Arduino-1.0.3 and folders inside librariesOK copied to your local Arduino libraries folder it should compile ok. That's how we compile it.

Miguel

• Hi Miguel,

That's the first thing I thought of too, and checked and there are no panels behind.  But if you watch, you see a page switch resets it to what it should look like.  See the switch to page 2 at 1:26 how it resets?  If I switch back to page 1 after that (which I didn't in this video) the panel for RSSI behaves properly.

Also with regards to librariesOK, I think I tried that, and then wasn't able to compile the APM software.  I'll try again if you're able to confirm that you can still compile APM:Plane and APM:Copter after copying down librariesOK.

Thanks!

• Josh,

Re compiling APM:Copter / minimOSD extra, they really need different libraries to compile since we didn't upgraded some of them.

I've already tried to make the change but there are a lot of dependencies which make the final result an hex that can't fit the minimOSD chip.

I'm not sure if we can make a work around to use the latest libraries from APM but I'm sure that that will take some considerable time and effort to achieve.

Miguel

• MIGUEL, how about a reply please to my questions above ?

• Hi Motion Man,

Sorry for not replying earlier.

There are so many posts and this is not my job, you know? ;)

We're looking at the workaround that uses less space possible in fw.

It should come in next copter version.

Miguel

This reply was deleted.

Activity