Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another graphical sync chip.

Sure. APM sends the data. If data is not coming, than OSD waits.

That is why it can look like OSD lags. But it is not the case.

• if you can point me to the right hardware may be i can make one with better graphcs

• You would then be a hero among us all.

• Sorry, it is little of topic. Which FPV tripod height do you recommend to have, I am upgraded to 2.4GHz? In shop there were 130 cm or 166 cm. 130 cm tripod is lighter and good for transmission. 166 cm is heavier.

• My first flight with 2.4GHz video! Quite more stable than 5.8! I flow around the tree! Nearly no brake in video! :)

• Hi Thomas,

It is your TV.

Osd uses full resolution.

Tvs specially old CRT is showing a letterboxed image of the full...

It is called safe area.

It looks like this:

VegasVideoPreview1.gif

• It would be great if you could implement FrSky Telemetry. Here's some working code https://github.com/zendes/SPort

zendes/SPort
    Arduino library for the FrSky SPort telemetry protocol - zendes/SPort
    • Frsky telemetry is simple. It has analog ports, so you can make voltage alarms, that OSD can generate.

However you will need leadouts to do it and some code to remove, to have space. Or You can make a separated board that reads mavlink and generates thies alarms for Frsky. It is like a day work.

• Hello again!

I have now implemented the second battery monitor and have successfully compiled the code. But I will have to wait for the clever guys to make the ArduPlane sketch smaller before I can upload and test it. Here is the thread: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/monitoring-a-second-battery-with-...

• Hi Miguel.

I performed a google search for ArduTracker fw and the only one I found is deprecated. Do you know where I can find a good one? It's also to install on a Arduino Uno for an antenna tracker. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Frederico Fernandes.

This reply was deleted.

Activity