Replies

• Hi, thanks for the info. I got a teensy from the local electronics shop today and it works like a charm. I think the teensy solution is simpler too. Just one board instead of two.

• Hello, is your teensy working with the 3.3 firmware in pixhawk ?

• Hi Ed

It works - not perfectly - but works good enough with 3.3-rc3 for me, using wolkstein code.

• Hi, sorry if this has already been mentioned - I couldn't find anything.

FrSky makes a number of sensors that attach to their SmartPort in a daisy-chain manner. Can anyone tell me if attaching their Vario or Voltage sensor, for instance, would cause problems with the Teensy 3.1?

Thank you.

• I have used the voltage sensor with the teensy at the same time, but i asked one of the devs to add an option to disable the teensy from sending the voltage cells data. This is the code i use (just comment the line in FrSkySPort.h corresponding to the sensor you want to use):

https://github.com/chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort

chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort
      Contribute to chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort development by creating an account on GitHub.
      • Thanks, this points me in the right direction.

• Hiya, has anyone got any of the variants working with 3.3 firmware yet?  As soon as I upgrade all the telemetry on the taranis goes blank..

• Sorry turns out I had ripped one of the wires out of the teensy when I was rebuilding my quad.  Resoldered and it works fine now.  Well not perfect, rc1 seemed to work perfectly but since rc2 or rc3 it's not 100% - some weird false mode changes announced using the wolkstein variant although I've made various other changes to the parameters so might be related to that.  But good enough - I use it primarily for the voltage display.  

Hopefully when 3.3 is released final then someone will update their variant, possibly in line with opentx 2.1.

• The 3.3 thread mentions having to set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to 3, though that's not been sufficient for me.  I am testing with 3.3rc3.  The light on the Teensy is just giving a slow heartbeat, not the fast flashing I am accustomed to.  I would be interested to know if that fixes it for you. 

• Setting SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to 3 just changes to FRSKY telem output, the type used directly to a d4r-ii or using an inverter with the pixhawk, but since you are using the teensy to convert mavlink, you don't want that, so it's not the fix if 3.3 is broken.

This reply was deleted.

Activity