Replies

• Thanks for the link. That project looks nice too, but note that it is a different project to the Clooney82 project I am referring to above. I note though that the project you refer to also was effected by the LUA formatting changes in OpenTx 2.1.7,and they have fixed that version also.
        • yes its all fixed i test it out for him

• Hi

Can anyone help I have been using the   "Clooney82" teensy code successfully using the current sensor built in to the power supply (data from mavlink).

I then installed a frsky 150a current sensor which works ok on its own

id (  0200   8 ).

but when I discover the remaining sensors (from the teensy) the current sensor  stops working

I have tried     USE_FAS_SENSOR_INSTEAD_OF_APM_DATA option   but same thing  happens.

I assume there is an id conflict there somewhere?

if it not possible to resolve through software then may be i can change   the id  with a frsky servo changer?

Any comments appreciated

Tim Painter

• Strange I just had the same problem, I changed the id code in the libraries file.

Find the file FySkySportSensor.h, open it in a editor, find "ID8 = 0x67", change the "67" to another ID, I set it for "1b".

recompile, and it should work.

I first tried the  commenting out this line but it didn't work,"//#define USE_FAS_SENSOR_INSTEAD_OF_APM_DATA"

I do remember trying a few ID numbers before this one worked.

• Hi Burt

Thanks for the tip It works  ("ID8 = 0x67", change the "67" to another ID, I set it for "1B".)

I an finding it difficult to understand the telemetry system id/names/instance numbers.

Fuel instance changed to 28 ?? but it probably wont work  any way if pixhawk cannot know the current.

Thanks again

Tim

• Code is working great! Thanks so much for the cool project.

I wonder if there is a mod to adjust the code to Arduplane?
    I would like to implement this on a pixhawk mounted on a Bixler 3 running Arduplane 3.4.

Thanks in advance.
    • Zeek, I'm interested in your project with the Bix 3 as I just bought one myself - my first plane actually, and have been busy practising on a flight sim! As far as getting the teensy code working on the plane version of APM, I'm wondering why it would not just work the same as it does on the multirotor version. What are your thoughts making you think it won't just work?

• The code works. The flight modes are showing incorrectly on the screen, same for the audio. I am not the best at coding lua and it is why I posted to see if anyone out there has modified the code for planes. At the moment I am using a similar code "Awesome Mavlink to Frslky telemetry" from RCGroups. The admin of this thread has add some option on the script to adjust it for planes. But to clarify, this project still works with planes firmware, just not the way was intended since it has been initially for multicopters.
        • Zeek,

I created a modified version of the Clooney82 LUA telemetry script specifically for plane. It includes a new lua script (a modified version of telem1.lua) called plane.lua, plus a bunch of new flight mode wav files. I have no way to test this script (as I don't have a pixhawk running plane FW), but it is very specific that you have Arduplane 3.3.x firmware on your pixhawk and OpenTx 2.1.7 on your Taranis.

The attached plane-telem.zip file contains 2 folders:

TELEMETRY - containing plane.lua - this should be placed on your SD card beside the telem1.lua file in the path /SCRIPTS/TELEMETRY

SOUNDS - containing a bunch of WAV files which need to be placed in the SD card folder /SOUNDS/EN/TELEM beside the other telemetry script wav files. These wav files complement the existing files (so doesn't overwrite any and will not have an effect of running telem1.lua for a multirotor model), and they use the 'Ava' voice. 

If this works, then I will speak with Clooney82 about him supporting this alongside the multirotor version.

Cheers, Paul

plane-telem.zip

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702805529?profile=original
          • Fantastic Paul. Hopefully I will have time to test it soon. It has been extremely cold up here in the mountains of Vail colorado. Thanks a lot for your work!
This reply was deleted.

Activity

DIY Robocars via Twitter
Friday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @_JonMyer: 🏎 We need your help in naming my #AWS DeepRacer Underground Track 🏎 @davidfsmith's track is going to be referred to as 𝗔𝗪𝗦 𝗗…
Thursday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @gclue_akira: 仕事もおわったし、電脳化にとらい #マリオカートハック https://t.co/4IU90hCLgm
Thursday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
This is the hashtag to follow all the people in Japan who are hacking the new Nintendo Mario Kart with the real AR… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1319281354664677376
Thursday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @gclue_akira: @chr1sa @diyrobocars jupyter mario https://t.co/P0oHdjlCRq
Thursday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @_JonMyer: 🚨Our 1st AWS DeepRacer Community Race is Underway on http://twitch.tv/aws 🚨 Join us to find out which member of your commu…
Oct 20
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Oct 19
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @BackyardRobotcs: After an admittedly long wait, the new Tinymovr R3.3 motor controller is now available https://tinymovr.com 🥳
Oct 19
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @_JonMyer: 🏎 1 hr left before the #AWS #DeepRacer Community 🏎 Top 5 Race tomorrow LIVE on Twitch 1st Place = $50 Amazon GC or AWS Credit…
Oct 19
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Oct 16
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Oct 15
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Oct 14
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @davidfsmith: Race virtually with The AWS DeepRacer Community Race and then join us on the track to see how your times compare on the ph…
Oct 14
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Oct 14
Hiroki Tanaka liked Hiroki Tanaka's profile
Oct 13
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @breadcentric: It's now!
Oct 13
More…