Replies

• Hello Hector,

i want to run your "MavLink_SoftFrSkySPort" on my Arduino Mini Pro, but i get these messages.

Can you help me because I am a total nerd on programming Arduino.

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 8.1), Board:"Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328 (5V, 16 MHz)"

MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void setup()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:51:29: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:119:3: note: in expansion of macro '_MavLinkSerial'
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void loop()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:144:7: note: in expansion of macro '_MavLinkSerial'
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void _MavLink_receive()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:176:9: note: in expansion of macro '_MavLinkSerial'
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void play_rtttl(char*)':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:397:14: error: 'OCTAVE_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:407:7: error: 'tone1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:407:18: error: 'notes' was not declared in this scope
      Fout bij compileren.

• Hector - I have been trying to get your sketch to work on my Arduino Pro MIni but Im not having any luck. Im sure it something stupid I am doing wrong - I am a rank newbie as far as programming goes.

I have a RTFHawk FC board, a Pro Mini and an Arduino Uno to connect to the computer. I have the latest Arduino 1.0.6 downloaded and running on a windoz 8.1 laptop. Im using a FrSky X4R rx and Taranis Plus with the latest 2.0.13 firmware.

I have tried every version of the sketch I can find, but when I verify and/or compile the sketch I get the following errors:

This report would have more information with
        "Show verbose output during compilation"
        enabled in File > Preferences.
      Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328"
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void setup()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:119: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void loop()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:144: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void _MavLink_receive()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:176: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void play_rtttl(char*)':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:397: error: 'OCTAVE_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:407: error: 'tone1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:407: error: 'notes' was not declared in this scope

When I change "Serial1" to "Serial" and comment out all the other errors the sketch compiles and loads ok, but I dont get any GPS data showing. In fact about all I get that looks good is Heading and rx voltage.

Actually, I do get some garbled GPS data but the Lat and Lon that show up are way off. It looks like 00.00.003524 x 00.00.0012345 or something like that when I am actually at 27.????something x -144.????? something.

Im hoping you can point me in the right direction to get this working.

Thanks in advance!

• Great contribution !

Hector, great job and much appreciated!  I've also got prominis sitting around.

It would be interesting to hear the the sounds on arm and disarm.  Please add it as a branch.

Also, I'm having a hard time understanding the wiring connections.  Could you clarify the connections to the APM and to the S.Port?

Thanks!

Mark

• Promini.jpg

Uploading Tone version now

• ENQUIRY CONFIGURATION:

1.  PIXHAWK

2.  ARDUINO MINI PRO

3.  X8R & TARANIS

ENQUIRY SOFTWARE: 

1.  ? PIN 9 SUPPORTED IN MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip ?  

ENQUIRY HARDWARE:

1.  ? SUCCESS WITH PIXHAWK OR ONLY APM ?

A.  SUCCESS FOUND YOUR ARDUINO CONFIGURATION & MY GOAL IS MINI PRO WITH MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip

B.  REQUEST ANY REFFERAL OR INSTRUCTIONS WITH MINI PRO CONFIGURATION. 

THANK YOU & HAVE A NICE DAY.

GARRETT MIN

• ENQUIRY SOFTWARE:

1.  ? FAILED TEENSY LOADER WITH MINIPRO. 

1A.  AFTER VERIFY/COMPILE EDITOR SAYS: 

OPENING TEENSY LOADER

TEENSY REBOOT

PRESS RESET BUTTON ON TEENSY TO UPLOAD SKETCH

AUTO REBOOT IF TEENSY RUNNING PREVIOUS SKETCH

1B:  ?HOW TO SUCCESS TEENSY LOADER WITH A ARDUINO MINI PRO? 

• Sure can mate , have to head out for a family lunch so will post some more detailed pictures ect later tonight but the basics are Tx from your apms telemetry cable goes to RX or digital pin 0 on the promini with a common ground then pin 9 is the S.Port data line , Vin "5 volts" & a common ground is also on the S.Port connector.

i'll be sure to make this a lot clearer tonight and ill add that branch up aswell :)

• Hi Hector,I read all you've posted about "teensy 3.1" and I intend to make the same.I want to get telemetry to my taranis via the pixhawk.I have two questions:I heard that to make it work,you have to modify pixhawk firmware.is this right?

2.does this work with ezuhf receiver?? tkanks.greeting from France

• Just finished porting this for use with the software serial lib, so we can use it with prominis / anything without a extra serial ports or any arduino as there hardware ports don't support inverting . i did it this way as i didn't have a Teensy3.1 lying around and by the time i ordered one i knew i could get it working on a arduino.

i could wrap it up so it checked what hardware it was running on and use software serial if its on a atmel chip or hardware if its a teensy and you could merge it if you liked , also added gps hdop /100 to get the real numbers.

will upload soon just doing final checks but all looks good so far :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity