Replies

• Hector, please advise if this will work without telemetry modules, as I do not see a way for it to request mavlink from apm/pixhawk.
      • If you hook up the RX line as well it should request the packets, or you can go to mission planner and somewhere in initial setup tab you can click a "enable telemetry" button that will force the apm to spew packets regardless.

• Developer

Great port Hector!

• And here it is https://github.com/rotcehdnih/Mavlink2Frsky

Or attached to this post

Now you can use any old arduino like a promini for example i use a "leostick" 

Connections.jpg

I also added the tone library to play RTTL songs on arm & disarm but stripped it for this release but can add it as a branch if anyone asks

MavLink_SoftFrSkySPort.zip

rotcehdnih/Mavlink2Frsky
    Converts Mavlink packets to Frsky S.Port Useing Software serial - rotcehdnih/Mavlink2Frsky
    • Hello Hector,

i want to run your "MavLink_SoftFrSkySPort" on my Arduino Mini Pro, but i get these messages.

Can you help me because I am a total nerd on programming Arduino.

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 8.1), Board:"Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328 (5V, 16 MHz)"

MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void setup()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:51:29: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:119:3: note: in expansion of macro '_MavLinkSerial'
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void loop()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:144:7: note: in expansion of macro '_MavLinkSerial'
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void _MavLink_receive()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:176:9: note: in expansion of macro '_MavLinkSerial'
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void play_rtttl(char*)':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:397:14: error: 'OCTAVE_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:407:7: error: 'tone1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:407:18: error: 'notes' was not declared in this scope
      Fout bij compileren.

• Hector - I have been trying to get your sketch to work on my Arduino Pro MIni but Im not having any luck. Im sure it something stupid I am doing wrong - I am a rank newbie as far as programming goes.

I have a RTFHawk FC board, a Pro Mini and an Arduino Uno to connect to the computer. I have the latest Arduino 1.0.6 downloaded and running on a windoz 8.1 laptop. Im using a FrSky X4R rx and Taranis Plus with the latest 2.0.13 firmware.

I have tried every version of the sketch I can find, but when I verify and/or compile the sketch I get the following errors:

This report would have more information with
        "Show verbose output during compilation"
        enabled in File > Preferences.
      Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328"
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void setup()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:119: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void loop()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:144: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void _MavLink_receive()':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:176: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void play_rtttl(char*)':
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:397: error: 'OCTAVE_OFFSET' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:407: error: 'tone1' was not declared in this scope
      MavLink_FrSkySPort:407: error: 'notes' was not declared in this scope

When I change "Serial1" to "Serial" and comment out all the other errors the sketch compiles and loads ok, but I dont get any GPS data showing. In fact about all I get that looks good is Heading and rx voltage.

Actually, I do get some garbled GPS data but the Lat and Lon that show up are way off. It looks like 00.00.003524 x 00.00.0012345 or something like that when I am actually at 27.????something x -144.????? something.

Im hoping you can point me in the right direction to get this working.

Thanks in advance!

• Great contribution !

Hector, great job and much appreciated!  I've also got prominis sitting around.

It would be interesting to hear the the sounds on arm and disarm.  Please add it as a branch.

Also, I'm having a hard time understanding the wiring connections.  Could you clarify the connections to the APM and to the S.Port?

Thanks!

Mark

• Promini.jpg

Uploading Tone version now

• ENQUIRY CONFIGURATION:

1.  PIXHAWK

2.  ARDUINO MINI PRO

3.  X8R & TARANIS

ENQUIRY SOFTWARE: 

1.  ? PIN 9 SUPPORTED IN MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip ?  

ENQUIRY HARDWARE:

1.  ? SUCCESS WITH PIXHAWK OR ONLY APM ?

A.  SUCCESS FOUND YOUR ARDUINO CONFIGURATION & MY GOAL IS MINI PRO WITH MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip

B.  REQUEST ANY REFFERAL OR INSTRUCTIONS WITH MINI PRO CONFIGURATION. 

THANK YOU & HAVE A NICE DAY.

GARRETT MIN

This reply was deleted.

Activity

DIY Drones via Twitter
RT @MarvelmindMaxim: Extreme precision for 60 swarming robots. #marvelmind #autonomousrobotics #robotics #swarmrobotics #rtls #ips #indoor…
yesterday
DIY Drones via Twitter
RT @MarvelmindMaxim: Precise (±2cm) tracking for racing boats and autonomous boats. Works outdoor and indoor. #autonomous #AutonomousVehic…
yesterday
DIY Drones via Twitter
RT @MarvelmindMaxim: Helping PixHawk folks to fly autonomous quadcopters using PX4 and ArduPilot. https://marvelmind.com/drones/ Equally suitab…
yesterday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @chr1sa: The @DIYRobocars @donkey_car virtual AI car race is starting in 15 minutes! Watch it live on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/mossmann3333 htt…
Saturday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @chr1sa: Don't miss our monthly @DIYRobocars @donkey_car virtual AI car race tomorrow at 10:00am PT live on Twitch. Head-to-head racing…
Friday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @sparkfun: Our completed tutorial on building an @NVIDIA Jetson Nano-powered @Sphero RVR gets your bot up and running via teleoperation…
Thursday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: Freeway test https://t.co/4V5tV9lhIP
Thursday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Very small autonomous cars racing, thanks to an overhead camera: https://control.ee.ethz.ch/research/team-projects/autonomous-rc-car-racing.html
Jul 29
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Jul 29
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Jul 29
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @chr1sa: Don't miss our virtual AI car race this Saturday! Real developers + virtual cars =🏎️🏎️🏎️ Head-to-head battles with thrills, sp…
Jul 28
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Jul 27
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @usashirou1: Jetson nano by Isaac Kaya #jetson https://t.co/Mu1N0CyQkN
Jul 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @GPUsolution: JetRacer mady by Iflytek company #JetsonNANO #Nvidia https://t.co/MimTymIwge
Jul 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @openmvcam: I love this: Mega or Mini? Image Classification on the 1MB OpenMV Cam H7 by Ish Ot Jr. in OpenMV, Edge Impulse, Internet of…
Jul 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @RoboticMasters: This is looking pretty good... but still needs a bit more refinement. Pure OpenCV Turning Sign Detection. No Tensorfl…
Jul 23
More…