Replies

• Yes  admins can always be added or removed later on, so probably a good idea to start with those currently contributing the most - personally I would think that to be Wolke and Clooney.  In the past chsw (Chris) and lvale (Luis) have contributed the most but haven't seen any sign of chsw lately.  I'd love to be involved but unfortunately haven't had the time to contribute much so far, although hopefully I'll do so more shortly.  Does anyone have good git/github kung fu?

One of the benefits of moving to the official code space is that I would think we'd be expected to follow more the standard rules of the main projects regarding code formatting, documentation, releases etc.

I do think this would be an awesome route forward for this project.

• currently i think Clooneys repo is the most advanced one.

if i am right i see some re-factoring, splitting special functions to own classes. imo a good starting point. also the new sport class which is used there. so i think maybe clooney or i can create an github organisation where we start with clooneys fork.

creating github organisation... https://github.com/account/organizations/new . this is cost-free for open-source projects. imo an alternative way if starting to contribution on official dydrone -repo need an warm up or test period to collect all things together.

i do not test Clooneys new sport class here. mostly because less time and the need of a stable camera platform. in moment I have areal season with my commercial used copter which also is the apm copter. that mean there is less space to use the system as an test platform. hopefully that i earn enough to construct an second apm camera platform in future. then i can used the old one for experiments with new firmware (apm 3.3, opentx2.1). currently i have two taranis transmitter. but because opentx2.1 turn me crazy, currently run 2.0.17 on both of them. but one of them is used only for gimbal and camera control. on this one i will reinstall opentx2.1 next.

a general question is also which hard- and soft- ware should be the reference for this project?

pixhawk and clones, taranis x9d, teensy 3.1, ardupilot >=3.3 and opentx>= 2.1.1?

/g

wolke

• I normally have a lot of spare time, but I have not been programming for some year. So if somebody take the lead, I can assist in the work...

• @Clooney,

i currently follow the big progress on your fork. also on the lua side:). so i decide to discontinue my fork. this makes no sense any more and will confuse users. i change my readme.md shortly to "discontinued" and link to your fork firstly. also i will put some infos on it that we plan to collaborate (combine) this project.

if am am right your fork also hold the lua scripts and sd card structure which run on opentx 2.0.17?

/g

wolke

• Agree!!

I have modified your led 2.0 version to simplify the cabeling on my copter. Also have a modified led_Control.ino to make it work. I am not a skilled hacker, but I have a lot of spare time....

3702590238?profile=original

• This reply was deleted.
    • yes,

this is a good idea. because it looks like that there are currently many things which make problems. firstly sport sync with newer x8r receivers or newer firmware on it. especially eu - firmwares. second opentx2.1 sensor values. currently a main problem for all available lua scripts.  because all getValue(n) do not do the right job with 2.1.

/g

wolke

• woww:),

that s cool. i am impressed. just looking in your fork on github on s-c-l-v-rc-opentx2.1 branch. you use a new sport library.  is sync now ok? and also with eu-firmware?

/g

wolke

• Hi all

Just to remember all that there are changes being made on both platforms, i.e. OpenTX with the future 2.1.2 and specially ArduPilot that even this week had a big change on reporting that might/will affect all the "translators" https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/commit/767b4da5b6852a2ba700e....

There will be a future development on Arducopter that will replace/add to the error messages to error codes.

I would like to bring to everyones attention a project that might replace our Teensy's and our MinimOSD's. https://sites.google.com/site/alceosd/

The project at the moment has no support to handle the FrSky but it is quite easy to add it, and the lead developer is open to further enhancements. https://github.com/diydrones/alceosd

I
              MHO this project combines the needs we have with on the fly telemetry.

• so that is one board combining teensy 3.1 and minim osd connected to s.port ?

looks nice

but hope you wont abandon the old project... 

This reply was deleted.

Activity