Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not sure if you have seen the copter-gcs project. It was another Android GCS project, but it looks like it has been out of development for a while. The biggest drawbacks the last time I checked into it were that it was designed for a bluetooth connection instead of using USB host mode, and it was using an older version of the mavlink protocol.

It is open sourced as well, so you may be able to borrow some code from it: http://code.google.com/p/copter-gcs/

I had started porting USB host mode to that app a couple of months ago, but never took the time to finish it. I'm glad to see that this new project has started up - it seems to be off to a great start; thanks for all of the work on it!

Perhaps this is it: http://cyberjunkeez.org/2012/07/access-full-google-play-store-servi...

Going to try now...

Hi Kevin, still FC'ing with # 0.1.15, sent a crash report

• Developer

Also, please send feedback.  If this build is relatively bug free I'm going to start calling things beta... ;-)

• Developer

Update: 1/30/13 New alpha released - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  Thank you to the kind folks who sent tlog files from vehicles that didn't work, try this release - it should be better...

# 0.1.15

* Show home icon for first waypoint (home). For safety that waypoint is not yet draggable.
    * Allow click/drag to move waypoints.
    * Show a small 'toast' window whenever we receive vehicle status messages
    * We now ignore stale mode messages from the device (prevents mode menu flickering)
    * Substantial cleanup of map code
    * We now listen for WAYPOINT_CURRENT message and show current waypoint in red

For next release:
    * FIXME: clean up param list to be two nice columns
    * FIXME: add dropdown menu on waypoint (include goto, delete)
    * FIXME: allow click to create new waypoint (between two closest waypoints)
    * FIXME: show # of sats in view & warn if below min # (per http://www.diydrones.com/forum/topics/apm2-5-gone)
    * FIXME: If you drag a waypoint while the parameter list is being downloaded, bad things happen (need separate retry timers)
    * FIXME: Use a state machine to ensure we don't get confused if someone moves a waypoint while we are busy uploading new waypoints

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • Allot of time what happens is the market will block you from even seeing any app that hasn't been verified for your OS version.....Even though it may in fact work. This happened to me when I upgraded my tablet to Jelly Bean. All of a sudden I couldnt download the Harmony link app that allows my tablet to act as a remote control. I looked around for a solution, and I found that lots of people had this problem after updating, but if you just  skip the market. find the actual file and install it manually everything works great.

So just because you cant download the app from the market, it doesn't mean your device isn't compatible (although obviously some are) It just means that it hasn't been confirmed to work on your version of Android  and/or device.

Now I'm not sure how the market makes this determination....I was thinking that the App Developer specified what versions it would work on when they added it to the market, but that's just speculation.

• I was just wondering if there is an app out there where you can plug your phone into the APM and then control the drone with another phone or computer through 4G/LTE? If not, then does this app have the potential to do that one day?

• Developer

New version still not out.  But it should have decent waypoint editing (parameter editing already in current version) and fix a few more bugs.  Then I'll probably declare it a beta.

I just recieved my USB cable in the post (from ebay here), cool, got from HK to SA in 9 days.

Using a Galaxy SII I went to the play store and downloaded the app but it force closes on start, is there anything special I have to do?

• I have Andropilot 0.1.14 installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 the program works.

Unfortunately, there is no communication to do with my Arducopter via Xbee.  

There are problems with the USB. Who can help me.

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity