Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Samsung Galaxy S3, android 4.1.1 Andropilot version 0.1.31

I can connect but it doesn't appear that I'm getting any mavlink information. 

• Developer

Update: 2/5/13 New beta released - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  

# 0.1.34
    * Add back nasty USB hack if urb.position is always zero (should fix at least android 4.0, probably 3.1)
    * If usb hack needed, limit most mavlink streams to 1 hz
    * Turn on direct zerocopy usb buffers
    * Inbound UDP now works: Use this if your serial uplink is on some other machine (a different tablet or a PC)
    * Outbound UDP now works: Use this if you want to share your serial link with some other machine
    * Don't announce speech enabled when orientation changes
    * Shorten many of the spoken phrases (but FIXME, haven't yet shortened mode names)
    * Use urgent mode for speech of mode changes (to make sure this overrides batteryish msgs)
    * In portrait mode, don't show the info pane - use swipes to switch between map etc...
    * On phones never show info panels

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • 0.1.33 works on Android 4.1.2!
    Still get he warning "param by index not supported" and get to see parameters on 2nd or 3rd attempts only.
  • Developer

A quick test requested!  So tonight I'm working on some new stuff, but before releasing that I want to make sure I've unbroken <4.2 devices.  If you have a device that works with 0.1.27 but not 0.1.31, can you download 0.1.32 from the github download site and report back here with:

• You have android version X
    • You did the test
    • And it either did or did not fix USB access for you

If 0.1.31 was already working for you - no need to upgrade to this quicky build.  If anyone is curious, here is the hack: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/commit/22b9f8a40ec3449807d...

Include USB hack on old devices · geeksville/arduleader@22b9f8a
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • Sorry if I missed this but, are we able to swipe to open and close the information panes or HUD?  If we want just a fullscreen map?  I tried, assuming you could do that, but it didn't seem to work.

• Andropilot 0.1.31 didn't work with Android 4.1.2
  • Developer

Hi ya'll,

If the current version is not communicating with your device, please do two things:

• Temporarily stay with 0.1.27 (I should put the usb workaround back in later tonight)
    • Post what version of android you have (not type of phone).  
  • Like the new features but I am not getting communication with the APM.

• Kevin

Can you tell me if you know how to use the Xbee have programmed in the software.

Thanks

• 0.1.13 also didn't get comms on Samsung Galaxy S3LTE.

Testing with 0.1.30 went OK. Connected on second attempt. Still ???'s in parameters. Only had limited space for testing. It would be useful if:

-it automatically switched to guided mode from loiter if you create a waypoint and press goto.

-we could see the units of the parameters when editing them.

-could get some confirmation when parameters have been verified as changed.

The plane icon doesn't rotate when yawing?

I got it to fly to waypoints, but the position where it stopped wasn't very accurate. Out by more than 10m. Could this be a rounding error?

Still a great app!

This reply was deleted.

Activity