Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This looks fantastic, and I want one - LOL

New user/FPVer here. I read about success with this or that Android device and version.

I plan to buy a 7 or 8" tablet (I have other uses for it too). Are there "suggested" tablets for say under $250ish?

Any tablets or OS version to avoid?    

Should I be sure to buy 4.2?

Nexus7 with 4.1 Jellybean on sale for $199 

or Galaxy Tab II with IceCreamSandwich 4.0 is also $199 on sale

Do I need a real time internet connection for the mapping? If so I can get a cellular hotspot.

Many thanks, and sorry if this is a repeat request!

• Kevin, superb work. I am blown away by how fast you put this together.

Works great on Samsung Galaxy S III Phone with Android 4.1.1

Only thing I can`t figure out, HUD is choppy and sluggish. Not sure what causes that. I killed all other background apps before to make sure I had clean ram to no avail. anybody experiencing sluggish HUD?

• hi  kevin

would it be possible to fly quad like you can with parrot drone just an idea ?

stu

• I received my USB cable from China today and will start fidling with the Andropilot tomorrow. I've been reading a lot in this thread, but i cant find anything about PID tuning, but i'm sure it's there somewhere. I tried my hexa outside today(it's -6 and quite warm today), but it flips backwards when throttling up and i will have to find out how to tune this.

• A button to delete all waypoints would be nice. That would make it easier to define new missions. Deleting them individually from the waypoints list would also work.
    I liked the screen layout of 0.1.33. Nice to see map and other data on one screen. Haven't tried connecting to 0.1.34 yet.

Tested this afternoon out at the field, great stuff! Requests I have is for a "Write", "Read", "Add" and "Delete" waypoints. I was playing around with waypoints but didn't realize that it wrote them as I moved them and deleted the mission that was already on the APM.

• Now my 4.0.0 on Samsung Note communicate data.

Great!

Look forward to test it.

• Developer

Hi ya'll,

So a question for you: Are there any major features that are missing?  I think my queue of remaining items is pretty short...

• Add handling of the more unusual waypoint types
    • Support loading/saving waypoint files (is there a standard suffix?)
    • Support loading/saving parameter files (is there a standard suffix?)

I know there is an (almost unlimited ;-)) list of 'it would be nice' features (please feel free to add more).  But I just want to make sure all the major stuff is wrapped up before I call this a 1.0 and move on to some other things.

Kevin, can I repeat how amazing this all is, well done! I've changed my ROM and your app works fine now.

In your changelog it states: "Inbound UDP now works:" does this mean one can use a laptop and connect a phone to the laptop via wifi and get mavlink data through to the phone?

Everything looks great, space is a bit itght of course on a 'small' 4.3" phone screen but it looks and works really well!

3692613825?profile=original

• Great features on 1.34 and is still Working on 4.0.4.

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity