Replies

• Developer

Hi,

maybe someone can give me a hint. i can not find the proper firmware for updating the Cirrus NEO-6M GPS module.

Have loaded u-center and got a fix already, got the 3DR-Ublox.txt but im stuck now because cant find the right firmware.

thanks!

Linus

• From my understanding their is no flash firmware update and if like me you acidently uploaded the 3DR apm 2.5 passthrough hex then their update txt file it screws up the Neo-6m badly!.However though I managed to get u-centre to give me the option to reload "Default" settings and at last check it was showing 10 sattelites INDOORS! and had a GPS HDOP of less than 1.43 and I could never get it to even ARM due to the hdop being over 2.6 most of the time.

So thats my opinion on this great little GPS. but The moral of course is if it aint broke Don't Fix it!

but a reset to defaults seems to have done mine the world of good.

Hope this helps.

And for those who think they need a Better GPS than the cheap 6M I found talking to a tech at Ublox, that the 6H has the same gps engine and reciever/antenna combo that the 6M has.but the algorithim and dataset is tweaked for a more reliable result (not a more accurate result just more reliable still only get you a 1.82 to 2.63meter accuracy lots of other things affect result eg: humidity,magnetic fields location etc etc,).Hope this helps someone as it took me a month to work this through.

cheers all

fly safe fly hard fly heaps.

jcinAuz

Presume this or this is correct Crius?

• Hi, I am a beginner. I built a quadcopter and bought the APM2.5 board with the 3DR-Ublox. Can any one direct me to where to start to learn how to use this

• 100KM

The crius V2 is exactly what I'm looking at :-)  I know where to find that config file.

Thx Para !

I have put datasheets of both modules next to each other.  Main difference is that the LEA is firmware flashable (updates possible) while this is not possible with the NEO-6.  The LEA can be made Gallileo compatible with a firmware update.

Performance wise, I could not find any difference really.

As for price...  you can have 3 Crius V2 Neo's for 1 3DR LEA...

• I just did the mod to my APM 2.0. I disabled (via the pin 2-3 short) the onboard MTK and added a Crius V2 GPS unit. It's the NEO-6 with an external EEPROM and a beefy 25x25 mm antenna.

I fiddled a bit with the settings in u-center, because I was mistakenly thinking it should work as 57600 / NMEA, but then I found the 3DR-Ublox.txt file in the wiki, uploaded it to the module, connected to the APM and voila! 7 sats and 1.3 hdop on my working bench under a metal roof.

This reply was deleted.

Activity