Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have flown 2.9.1b quite a bit over the past few days. Numerous 'spot on' RTLs (interesting to see the Quad drop out of the sky on descend and arrest the descent the last few meters and do a gentle touch down). Also did a few auto missions (pm me if you post here regularly and want to see the youtube). I have no drop when switching between STAB and Alt-hold. I have also tried TX failsafe (not tried battery failsafe yet) and it all works flawlessly. My only problem is that sometimes the Quad just wobbles too much on descent or during loiter. I suspect stab_p to be the problem. 

• I was running a long mission today and at the end the battery was getting pretty low - I flipped from Auto to RTL and all motors stopped and it dropped like a rock. I was assuming it was the battery, but I have never had it just cut out completely even when battery got low. Not a ton of damage - bent motor mounts, a lot of mud to clean out of motors and one arm is now a tad shorter. But it was pretty scary.

• I did more testing in the wind today today and it was pretty awful.  I had to drop Stabilize P down to 3.0 just to keep it from wobbling, and my Rate P is already at .10.  I've never had this much trouble tuning before.

When in stabilize mode fighting the wind to keep the quad in one, that stupid term builds up and causes problems.  Maybe it's just the way it's coded, but manual hovering or flying in stabilize just seems pointless.  Acro mode at least acts like how a non-fixed wing aircraft should fly (see an R/C helicopter)

• Developer

Here my famous "bottle test", now with six:

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/arducopter-and-the-imu-accuracy...

In this image "Lorenzo", my patient supporter (thanks!).
    Ciao... Marco

3692684098?profile=original

• Hey guys, just fired up my 550/600 big heli on the bench for the first time to do the blade tracking.  I also checked the vibes.  I think it looks pretty good.  These might be even lower in flight because I believe having it strapped to the bench "reflects" the vibes back up.  I've heard that several times.

3692683974?profile=original

• Developer

This video shows the new INAV X/Y controller for the upcoming release 2.9.2.
    Soft wind at the airfield, we still need to refine it but the accuracy during Loiter is impressive (max radius = 1.5 meter).
    Those quick rpm changes to the motors is due tuning too fast, today I have not had too much time to tune it better.

Randy and Leonard, really nice improvements!

Marco

• I can't figure out which parameter this one is? I have about 12 candidates in the parameter list. 

> 3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)

My best guess is INAV_TC_XY since it has a value of 3, but I'm not sure. 

• for manual compass calibration, do i just follow the procedure found here?

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_First

once this is complete. do i ever have to set this again?

• Guys,

After manual calibration of the compass and DEC - 5 perfect flights today with flawless RTL and loiters - i am very happy !

• Here's the tlog.

2013-04-12 16-29-12.tlog

This reply was deleted.

Activity