Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.
 
The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.
 
Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • if my copter climb when switch to alt hold is that sign of throtle mid to big?

  • Hi randy,

    Is it safe to test the ROI on v3-R5 ?

    And also LAND ?

    This post said ROI being ignored :

    http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/roi-being-ignored

    Thanks as always..

  • I just have time for test 3.0 RC5. Becauase, In Thailand have a raining everyday.

    Frame : Tarot Quad 650

    Motor : T-Motor MT4008 600KV

    ESC : T-Motor 40A

    Prop : 15x4

    Battery : Zippy 4s 8000 mAh 30C

    Radio : Turnigy9x Upgrade Frsky Mudule

    Hover Time : about  24 - 26 mins.

  • How come the "APM input voltage" is no longer available to be entered in the Mission Planner-Battery Monitor?

  • Gentleman,

    I want to run this idea by you.

    How about an Aluminium (Al) enclosure for the APM.

    The motor currents are AC (at a fairly high frequency) the magnetic field of our earth is "DC" ( see the "" ? )

    the AC currents induce an eddy current on the outside of the Al box. and shouldnt be visible on the inside of the box.

    The eddy's are transformed in heat and dissipated (the uW's wich get induced that is :-). the earth's magnetic field is not hindered by the Al box and our sensor measures magnetic north without a problem. (exept if you rotate the copter very very fast)

    What do you think?

    Wilfred

  • Randy,

    Thanks for your compassmot calibration video tutorial on youtube.

    It helped out alot and cured the toilet bowl effect on my tricopter.

    So far, firmware v3rc5 is performing well after doing all the necessary prerequisite steps ( i.e. conducting the compass live calibration and the compassmot calibration).

     

    Hopefully, it stays this way. 

     

    Will there be a release candidate #6?

  • is version 3 anywhere on the horizon yet?

  • I'm using v3rc5 with apm2.5 and when I'm using alt hold it will momentarily switch to stab for about a second and then switch back. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't happen every time. Just once in a while. Next time it does I will upload the log.

  • Maybe it is possible to set the SBAS system direkt to the GPS. I read that sometimes in Europe the receivers got WAAS Signals, alltough in Europe they should only use EGNOS. I don´t know if its possible, but it should give a much better accuracy. Maybe it is OT but maybe someone could give a try?

  • real scary fly away in  V3rc5

    there was no wind so I tried stabilise mode wich went quite fine for a time. all of a sudden the hexacopter takes off to the left 

    and there was nothing I couldt do to stop it. it didnt resond to the radio at all. it was about 15 meters away from me when it happened. When I arrived at the crash site 50 meters away, it was still trying to dig a hole about 90 cm in dia. so I pulled the plug on it.

    and now I am a bit mad at myself and a bit mad at the apm board. this is getting to be a very expensive hobby with all those crashes. I hope someone can tell me what went wrong just before the crash.

    Wilfred

    2013-06-10 22-06 1.log

    2013-06-10 22-06 1.log.gpx

    2013-06-10 22-06 1.kmz

    https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692741408?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Jose Araujo liked Jose Araujo's profile
Aug 29
spencer harvey liked spencer harvey's profile
Jul 9
More…