APM Orientation for Traditional Heli

I built a TRex 450 with an APM mounted as suggested by Randy but am thinking about changing it and mounting it in a different way that would result in the APM being upside down.  My question is, can I easily correct this by modifying the code?  Is it just a matter of changing the sign for a number of the signals?  I noticed there is a config parameter for changing the orientation of the magnetometer, but I didn't see anything for the orientation of the APM.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, great stuff!  Just made this mod to mount an apm1 under my 3DR frame.  Works tremendously. :)  The filename has changed but grepping on GYROY etc will turn it up.

• Developer

Graham,

There's no easy way to do this I'm afraid.  It's definitely possible though but you'd need to modify perhaps the AP_IMU_Oilpan.h file in the AP_IMU library or maybe somewhere in the DCM lib when it consumes the accelerometer and gyro data..but I can't tell you exactly what you'd need to change.  If the APM is upside-down I think you need to reverse the pitch gyro values and all three (x,y,z) accelerometer values.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…