APM V1 1280 cannot upload firmware?

Hi recently I sold a APM v1 with 1280 memory

the bloke I sold it to says you cannot upload the quad firmware to it using the mission planner - it says FIRMWARE IS TOO BIG FOR 1280 PLEASE UPGRADE HARDWARE

any ideas to a quick fix?  Will the Mission planner be fixed to support the 1280 boards? 

cheers for any replies!

Gav

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Hi,
    You will need to prevent the GPS auto detect routine in the GPS library from loading GPS drivers that you don't use. I can tell you what lines to comment if you need help. If you look back at my comments you'll see how to disable SIRF GPS, but to get the latest trunk to fit I had to kill the new UBLOX driver as well.
  • I guess I must be the only one out there trying to fit quadcopter firmware onto a APM v1 1280?  Wish I knew what sections of code I could cut out to make it fit on to 1280 memory

• Hello.

I am up to speed using ARDUINO programmer console and understand I need the arducopter folder and libraries folder under arduino however I need a Arducopter version that will fit onto 1280.

Can anyone let me know what version arducopter I need that will fit onto the 1280 board. 

thank you in advance for the kind soul who can help me install arducopter onto APM v1 1280 board.

• It's not a planner bug. If you want to use the current version you can, but you have to build it in Arduino and disable a whole bunch of stuff so that it will fit in the smaller memory of the 1280 - in other words, you don't use the planner to upgrade a 1280 any more

This reply was deleted.

Activity