APM2.5+ Gone

Today I lost my quadWent out flying and was hover about 10ft high and about 30ft away. I decided to try RTL turned on the switch and the quadcopter quickly started to climb in the sky above the cloud and disappeared.I lost my new APM2.5+ and Gps.(30days old) I am so hurt losing my new Apm2.5+I hope someone will fell sorry for me. If not I guess 1 more year of savings for a new one.

IMG_0164.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    Sorry for your loss. I had the same thing happen to me at night. Real sinking feeling. Did you have your name, address and phone on the copter? I do that now on all my aircraft.
  • I had exactly the same problem ... lucky there was a tree in it's way so it crashed!! I had a Log file ... still don't know what when wrong. See my post : http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/first-flight-crashed?xg_source=ac...

• Don't give up yet!

If you had telemetry going then your log will give you a lot of info on where it was heading or maybe even show you exactly where it is at.

Go back through and try to figure out what went wrong. Could you have switched into AUTO accidentally?  

Where did you power up and set home position for that flying session? That's where RTL would take it. 

How many Ah capacity left in the battery when this happened, if not much and it was climbing with a lot of power, then it couldn't have gone far.

I don't know what the terrain is like where you were flying, but look at a map and estimate a radius of possibility for where it could have gone. Put on your boots and go hiking. Like a lost cat they are always closer than you imagine.

• Sad day...
    I assume you switched back to stabilize but didn't respond.
    Has RTL worked before?
    Sorry to hear about you loss.
    Randy
This reply was deleted.

Activity