Jason and I have just completed a major update to the ArduPilot Mega code.  We have updated the version to 1.0.1 to reflect the change.  It is in the repository and ready for alpha testers.  Look for revision R418 or later.

The change you will most need to know about before proceeding is that we have enabled the dip switches for mixing mode (normal vs elevon/V-tail), and roll, pitch and rudder reversing.  The four switches from left to right are roll, pitch, rudder, and mixing.  These reversing parameters have been removed from the config file - you must use the dip switches.

Additional features that have been added include
  • Magnetometer support
  • Airspeed sensor support
  • Telemetry in binary format for the upcoming GCS release
  • Additional functionality for the X-plane simulator
  • New commands and modes added
  • Relay support
  • Battery voltage measurement supported
and more stuff I am forgetting at the moment.  Documentation for all the changes is very limited at this point, but we will be working on it.

In addition to new features the code underwent a lot of structural change and cleanup.  This is an alpha release so expect a few bugs.

Please let us know your testing results.  We would like to move this version towards a beta release.

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doug,

Any chance that you could create a Tags directory and start tagging your drops?

It'd really help folks that are trying to track your changes, especially with "and more stuff I am forgetting at the moment".

# svn mkdir http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/svn/Tags
# svn copy http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/svn/Trunk http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/svn/Tags/APM1.0.1.a1

Thanks for all the hard work!

= Mike
Sure Mike,

I see a couple of the other repositories have Tags directories, but they are empty. What do I do with it after I create it?
That's the second line I added there - you can copy stuff into it.

Normally, you'd copy the current state of Trunk into a subdirectory in Tags, where the subdirectory name identifies the tag. Pulling the second command apart:

# svn copy FROM TO

In the example I suggested:

# svn copy http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/svn/Trunk http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/svn/Tags/APM1.0.1.a1

FROM is your trunk URL: http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/svn/Trunk, and TO is a subdirectory under Tags: http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/svn/Tabs/APM1.0.1.a1

You'll want to decide how you want to name your tags - "APM1.0.1.a1" is just a suggestion (ArduPilotMega 1.0.1 alpha 1).

Typically I roll a small script to generate release archives; I feed it a name and it tags based on the name and then checks out the tag and produces an archive from that checkout using the same name. HTH - let me know if I've just confused things more for you... 8)
Sorry Mike,

I am a SVN newbie and not grasping what you are wanting me to accomplish. Is the point that the Tags directory would contain copies of the key revisions?
Doug,

That's it exactly.
Sure, but being a SVN newbie, I'll ask a newbie question. Wouldn't it be easier to just have a little document listing what the significant revisions are? Then if you wanted for example 1.0.1.a1 which corresponded to r418, you could just have your svn client grab R418 for you....
In the simple case, the Tags directory is that document.

It carries more information than just the revision number; once you start branching, the fact that a copy in the Tags directory knows which branch it came from is very helpful.
Hello testers,

I have noticed that there is a bug in the ublox library – it reports ground course as degrees * 100000. The other gps libraries report it as degrees * 100.

It seems I expected the scaling from the ublox library and Jason expected the scaling from the MTK, so various revisions will have ground course working or not depending on which gps you are using. At the present I would recommend R433 for the MediaTek gps and R434 for the Ublox.

I have reported the bug to the arducopter guys maintaining the library. We will get it corrected and adjust the APM code.
Hi Doug,
Just tested R455 using pre-alpha library (which is the latest library I presume?)

I discovered that the throttle went max after startup in manual mode.(always fun ;-)
Double checked config values that made earlier version suit my setup but same result 2nd time.
I could have missed a define or similar. Maybe a new one?

I've attached log just in case it helps.
Attachments:
Hi Brett,
Is your throttle normally reversed? What ESC are you using? Can you post your header file?
This sounds a bit like http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/issues/detail?id=6

I've also noticed weird servo travel leading me to suspect that the EEPROM contains bogus values that APM isn't vetting, but I haven't had time to look at it yet.
Hi Michael,

We have two reports of the throttle spinning up in FBW, and it does not sound like a transient response. It seems to me that if someone is using REVERSE_THROTTLE 1, then the "throttle failsafe" problem I reported might produce this behavior. Waiting to see if Brett and Dave report if they use REVERSE_THROTTLE 1 or not.

I use REVERSE_THROTTLE 0, and have not experience the problem....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service