Developer

ArduCopter 2.4 released

Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Everyone,

I currently use APM2 and have the 2.4.1 firmware. On bootup I just get a solid blue color on the status led. I will need to restart the apm using the button for it to function properly. see picture. What could be wrong with it? any tips on how to debug? I use the y6 firmware and uploaded it directly using the Mission Planner. works fine if i have the usb connected.

3692363574?profile=original

• Hi Everyone,

Had a great time with the APM2 maiden flight and a custom camera gimbal used. There are some vibration issues that will be worked out in the future. For now here is how it flew in the park.  Great job developers :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUJw1UbkDE0a57GQIAbXW_Mw&feat...

• Is anyone else having trouble setting CAM_P_G and CAM_R_G?

• Developer

ArduCopter V2.4.1 (daily GIT version) - Compass issue:

Many users have already found the problem, then do not fly for hours with the current version of the GIT.
    The new loiter works very well (by changing some default parameters), but with the compass that rotates it is impossible to test its true reliability.
    Here my daily video with the compass bug, already reported to the dev team... and now it's freesbee time! :-)

-= Marco =-
    (AC Dev Team)

• Has anyone some good starting PIDs for a Octo with about 1.5kg w/o battery and 850KV Motors?

• Does anyone use the firmware version that is now in the MP ? There are major issues ?

• Hey Guys,

just loaded the GIT 2.4.1 code in an attempt to trouble shoot the compass problem that was causing the slow yaw I observed yesterday on my initial 2.4.1 flight loaded from MP. I still have the same issue on MP Flight Data display: everytime I connect to the APM, it starts off at north then slowly creeps clockwise to S. I decied to do the compass test from the CLI and all I get when I try this test is "not healthy not healthy not healthy not healthy not healthy", any clue what's going on?

• Auto-Level not working in 2.4/2.4.1

Could somebody else please try this before I report it as an issue? I have done this several times now, on my QuadPod indoors a few times and just now on my 3DR outside when the wind dropped enough, disarmed it and then changed the battery. Every time it seems that auto-level inputs a correction that is at least twice as much as it should be. On my 3DR, when I plugged in the fresh battery, my artificial horizon in MP had a distinct lean, and it flew as if it was completely untrimmed as well. I did a manual level in MP so it is sorted now for my frame for the moment, but auto-level is a great tool, wind permitting. Cheers, Bill

"sudden-death" lean - firm foam mounts.

Red & green lines shows sensor out, pink & green shows attempted stick correction (pink is greater as it was coming straight towards me!)

3692362570?profile=originalThis only happened on the first flight, subsequent flights had the slow accumulating 'lean'.

Getting compile errors with current git version? (have pulled new version (and libraries) from git, I'm using 0022-relax or 0100-relax)

In file included from ArduCopter.cpp:93:
    GCS.h:129: error: 'ParamToken' in class 'AP_Param' does not name a type
    ArduCopter.cpp: In function 'void update_trig()':

Something I'm missing?

This reply was deleted.

Activity