Developer

ArduCopter 2.7.1 Released

ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there,

this weekend I gave the 2.7.1 an outdoor try, wind was very calm. I fly in stablize mode, every 10 to 15 seconds the motors spin up, the copter raises 2 or 3m, I immediately reduce throttle. The copter is a Quadrixette40 with 1000kv motors. How can I correct that?

120806_2.7.1_Quadrixette_MotorsSpinUp.param

• v2.7.1 A small video    http://youtu.be/H83F96y9I6c
    stabilized mode, default parameters, without camera stabilizer, very stable and pleasant flight. thanks to all programmers. I adjust a little to maintain altitude small jumps of no more than 20 centimeters at low altitude.
    apm 1.4.sonar lv EZ4, XAircraft frame, engine and propeller 10x4.5, pounds 1,350. unedited video at 60 frames per second. sony bloggie hd 720 60p.

• I just had an incident with Arducopter. I was flying and then all of a sudden it pitched forward and inverted and went 30 ft straight to the ground. I am not sure if anyone else has seen this issue. Here are the logs if anyone might be able to figure it out. This happened right after the update to 2.7.1.

I had a GPS Lock but it the KML file is not reflecting the correct location.

2012-08-05 16-33 1.log.gpx

2012-08-05 16-33 1.kmz

2012-08-05 16-33 1.log

• Flew a test fight with 2.7.1 today.  Best code ever.  Super stable in Stable mode and Alt-hold and Loiter are OK.    Some observations with 2.71 that might be of interest.  (If not, please let me know so I don’t waste my time writing in the future.)

Configuration:  APM1, 880kv, 2kg total weight, Sonar, 3DR wireless radio, roll/pitch camera mount,  5.8Ghz VTX, 3DR OSD – this is a really cool setup – Thanks 3DR!!

1)  In leds.pde, I have been unable to see low_batt ever get set.  In other words, when the battery gets below LOW_VOLT, there is no indication in the leds.  I change the following one line of code in leds.pde to get it to work:

In the method “update_copter_leds(void)”  I comment out:

//    if (low_batt == true) {   

And replaced it with:

if (battery_voltage1 < g.low_voltage)  {

It looks like low_batt is never set true.  I looked at the code for setting it, but didn’t see anything obviously wrong.

2)  Some configuration parameters are not saved persistently (after power off).  They are:

-    in Camera Gimbal, Pan always defaults to blank.  I must set it to disable before each flight.

-    in Battery Monitor, Sense, it always defaults to “0 other”.  I must set it to “2: AttoPilot 90A” before each flight

-    In Standard Params, Stabilize Mount Yaw defaults to enabled and I must set it to disable before each flight.  This is weird because when I just fly with this enabled (by default), it seems like the Pitch is then mixed with the Roll yielding very strange camera mount results.  I need to do more investigation on this strange behavior.  For now, must remember to set it to disable before each flight.     

All other params seem to be saved OK.  There may be more that are not being sset after changing from defaults, but these are the ones I have found so far.

3)  In Mission Planner, Log Download doesn’t work in terminal mode.  To get it to work, I first hit the Flight Data tab and then hit the Terminal Tab and as quickly as possible hit the log download tab, before terminal has a chance to issue the 3 CRs (I presume). 

4)    Log Erase now works.  Recall I was one of the few unfortunates that had a board that wouldn’t erase logs with the new page mode.

5)    My first test of Alt-Hold yielded awful results.  It kinda, sorta worked.  I thought I needed to tune it heavily.  So I went to the field today, fully ready to tune it with CH6. But it worked perfectly.  Nothing was different between the two runs.  This is a really weird one – maybe it is related to the inability to save some key params issue.

6)    I love the new UBlox GPS – the battery backup is sweet!

7)  Loiter was in a 3M box.  Can I tune this to be tighter?  And it seemed like it started to expand its box after a few minutes.  A little help tuning for good loiter would be very appreciated.  BUT, it’s MUCH better than ever before – and with stock PIDs too.

8)  The new Camera Gimbal Mount setup is nice, but I’m finding it difficult to get right.  Its very different and I just wished it worked as good as before.  One suggestion is to add a center point (trim?) value on the Camera Gimbal page like it is in the parameter list. 

9)   Would it be possible to add a camera test routine to the CLI Tests Menu? I have my own 2 axis test routine that I add to each new release.   I can show you what I have if you like – I use the Ch6 pot and Ch7 toggle switch to test the servo operation and limits. 

Again, this is the best flight control software yet.  Just trying to help with the rough edges.  And I’m wondering if my APM1 board is a little quirky (like with the log erase function) and that is why I’m seeing some (not all) of the params not being saving properly.

Thanks for reading.

• T3

Hi all.  Does anyone know how to use waypoints to make my copter keep the same heading during auto mode?  As it is my copter always yaws to face towards the waypoint it is traveling to.  I'd rather it maintain one heading for all the waypoints without yawing, for photomapping purposes.  Can someone help me figure this out?

• ok, i know it was ask before, But.. do i have to erase the eprom before i load this? right now i have 2.7 on my quad...

• So, has the output rate to the camera gimbal outputs been upped from 50hz?  I made this request in the v2.7 thread and I believe Randy said it would be easy to ouput at a higher rate.. say 490hz.  Even the option to switch from a lower rate (50hz) to a higher rate (400hz+) would be awesome if capable.

On a sidenote: if this isn't the best place to make a request, where should I ask?  Unfortunately, I am still trying to learn the code and am not comfortable enough to go and try to change it myself. 

Edit:  can anyone point me to where the bulk of the gimbal control code is located?  For the life of me I cant' seem to find it anymore..

• Put in 2.7.1 to see if the camera gimbal would work properly (I am only using the pitch). I still have the same problem. after setup on the bench tilting the quad I get the proper response out of the pitch servo, but turn the quad 180deg and the response of the servo is reversed. If i hold the quad and rotate on my chair the pitch servo is responding to the pitch gyro and the compass heading.

Amy ideas?

Emile L.

• I still try download log from crash

when I go to "Log Download" I got following console log:

Init ArduCopter V2.7.1

Free RAM: 1485
    FW Ver: 118
    ----------------------------------------

load_all took 9412us

Press ENTER 3 times for CLI

GArduCopter V2.7.1] logs
    logs enabled:  ATTITUDE_MED GPS PM CTUN NTUN CMD

190 logs
    Log -23807,    start 1,   end 15
    Log -23806,    start 16,   end 16
    Log -23805,    start 16,   end 16

Log]

But on left list I dont see any files. So how I can download these 160 files?

Also another question is that is this special look microSD card normal? Can I use normal microSD card what fits to reader. I dont see point why this use custom card.

• I updated just my copter and notice on take off that with this firmware you can tune motor speed to zero and also spin them with so slow rpm that half of motors shut down.

Anyways it fly well and takeoff & landing was wery smooth BUT when I switch off altidude hold and it goes up because too mutch thrittle. I reduce throttle and suttendly it cut off all motors and copter drop groud as wet wipe. I need build new copter because it was total destruction :(

I just try download logs if I get some answers why it cut down power, but some reason that log downloader does not work.

http://youtu.be/pZkNGRJBKOk

This reply was deleted.

Activity