Developer

Arducopter 2.0.34 Preview

Hi All, 

I just posted a new experimental version of Arducopter with new PIDs and control laws for Yaw. It's download only for now and I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you can rigorously test it. Please be careful. I've flown this in Stable, Simple, Acro, Loiter, and Alt Hold with no known issues. But you never know! This version is not yet compatible with the mission planner.

What's new:

New PIDs - I rewrote the control laws from scratch to add a PI Rate function. The end result should fly nearly identically to the current version. The nice detail is that we can use NG PID values for easy transition!

Before: ->  After

Stabilize P –> Stabilize P (Use NG values, or 8.3 x the older AC2 value)

Stabilize I –> Stabilize I (Stays same value)

Stabilize D –> Rate P (Stays same value)

–> Rate I (new)

I added a new value – an I term for rate. The old stabilization routines did not use this term. Please refer to the config.h file to read more about the new PIDs.

I added the framework for using DCM corrected Accelerometer rates. Code is commented out for now.

Added set home at Arming.

Crosstrack is now a full PID loop, rather than just a P gain for more control.
Throttle now slews when switching out of Alt hold or Auto modes for less jarring transitions

Sonar and Baro PIDs are now combined into a throttle PID Yaw control is completely re-written.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• updated APM to 1.0. 33 but cant see firmware 2.0.34 in APM...? anyway will use arduino then :)
  • Will try 2.0.34  it today on Hexa and will make a video of it !
  • Cant wait to try this. Had a little mishap snd broke some props...just waiting for replacements.
  • jason -

2.0.34 is simply AMAZING! I have not felt comfortable with my quad ever since removing the Gaui gyro, until tonight. Yaw is rock solid, job well done. I had a couple wobbly moments but the default PID feels pretty good, minor tuning for when it gets windy and descending is all I need to do. That said, I had a weird rollover thing after a very short flight. The first log file is a nice several minute run without issues, the second log file is where the wackiness happened ... any ideas?

Good.log

Bad.log

• Good to hear that will try to load it and test it as soon as I get my replacement blades. Thanks Jason
  • Developer

I just pushed out the latest version 2.0.34 to the SVN. You will need to upgrade the Mission planner to use it. Or just use the CLI and Arduino. 

This was a big update. All the control laws were re-written, mostly because I wanted to clean up the implementation and simplify it. I also wanted to try and improve Yaw response. 

I also included a Yaw control that slows down yaw response by 50% in Auto, RTL and Guided modes.

Jason

• jason,

can this version or may be from AMP, for manual acceleromter offset like on arducopter configuration v1.

just my think, this is more easy to trim level.

i fly.. check where is the driff go and trim offset.. and test fly again.. until qc is level.

sorry  may be it's just my stupid ide

• I have made a quick test flight and yaw is ok but pitch/roll stability was better in 2.0.33... I don't know if today is more windy that the last days.......

I also noticed that default ROLL/PITCH P values have changed:
    2.0.33 -> 4.0 (0.48)
    2.0.34 -> 4.5 (0.54)
  • hi,im missing mag offsets in cli, are they automated now?
  • He Jason,

Flying between two waypoints or RTL the copter altitude varies a lot (well, it drops but not rises), I remember reading somewhere that between waypoints (in case of RTL, the home position is also the final waypoint) altitude is not actively kept.

Am I correct and if so, any plans for it?

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity