Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Running 25 x 6.5 CF props on our large quad but we run 17 x 5.5 CF props on our medium size hexacopter.

Trying 17 inches plastic (APC) did increase vibrations level ( thanks to pixhawk log files and mission planner log review ) to almost non acceptable levels.

Same apply to a small 700mm quad, though to a lesser level. 15 inches props.

So perhaps on small model the prop inertia is enough to keep the props straight, but in medium size models ( 7 kg or bigger ) that isn't the case.

Hope this will help some people not falling in what we call the "APC trap". LOL

Henri

• I'm a bit confused by INS_MPU6K_FILTER parameter setting.

I set it to 20 a while back when having tuning problems, but it was set to 0 (default) IIRC. Are they one in the same?

P1uOEC5.png

• Developer

@DG,

for the mpu6k filter "0" means default which is 20 for copter (I think).

• OPs!! I changed to 20, so it's the same to 0?

• Does Any one know what this warning means? "CH8_OPT has more than doubled the last input. Are you sure?"

i am still struggling with Retracts on APM 2.6, i looked at Extended Tuning, Clicked the CH8 Options dropdown, saw two possible solutions, Mount retract, or Relay on/Off. when i selected that, i got the message "CH8_OPT has more than doubled the last input. Are you sure?"

What i was trying to do is set up an RC8 Pass thru. I guess the best question to ask is, Does APM even support retracts? i mean its just another servo isnt it?

thanks in advance

• Developer

Thor,

That's definitely a false positive.  I've seen that as well.  It's some blanket range check that was added to the MP (I think).  I've just raised an issue so hopefully MichaelO will see it.

• Thanks Randy!!! i sincerely appreciate the support you offer this group!

i have gotten a UBEC and separating the power from the receiver source worked well. i was just experimenting with other methods.

• I'm also interested in Support for native FrSky telemetry. Any updates for https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/1587 in 3.3?

• I have a FrSky S8R with full telemetry and it give's me all the data from the pixhawk as well as the verbal messages [ baro calibration complete, mode changed to, low battery etc ] as well. See pic. That is using a teesny board perhaps this thread is about not needing that? 3702555137?profile=original

• Yeah, I know about teensy, but I'm interested in native support with only some converter. Randy, could you please clarify the status for this task?

This reply was deleted.

Activity