Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Sandy,

Ok, this one is bad.  This is a false positive on the landing check.  This happened once to Marco as well in a previous release candidate but we've made the check more strict since then.  This guarantees an -rc7 this week after I look into it more.

By the way, you can see the landing check by filtering the dataflash logs for "EV" messages.

• Ah, I see.. Thanks for the followup..

• Hi Randy, I posted this issue last week when I was flying 3.1.5.  My Quad was on climb to its 1st waypoint when it just simply stopped flying, could not get to stabilise quick enough.  Do you think it is the same problem as the logs just show THROut dropping to zero.  Quad is flying fine now on 3.2 rc5 without any modification.

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/pixhawk-3-1-5-1300mm-quad-mapping...

• Developer

GocGoc,

I've look at your AC3.1.5 logs posted on that thread and it's not related to this issue.  In this false-positive issue we see a landed event appearing in the logs just before the copter flips.  I've replied over on that thread as well with a couple of graphs, I suspect it's a battery or ESC issue.  Maybe they're unable to keep up with the high current demand during the climb.

• Ouch.

Sorry Sandy for the crash - thanks Randy for the vigilance! 

• Today was a strange occurrence. Copter was flying auto mission with two ROI points absolutely normally, return to home, land. I disarm, arm, turn on auto, and set throttle up (takeoff). But this failed. Copter immediately turned over the X-axis. Three propellers broke. I changed propellers - copter flew normally. But I do not want to try takeoff again... :) I reviewed a log, saw strange NTUN values (velX and DAccY).

2014-09-01 18-54-32.bin

• Developer

ReM,

Thanks for the report & log file.  There's some corruption in the log around row 3200.  corruption in a binary log is incredibly rare so I'm a little surprised about this but it's much earlier in the log than the flip so I think it's unrelated.

This looks like a control problem.  The moment that the throttle is raised, the position controller demands maximum horizontal acceleration which leads to an very aggressive lean on the vehicle.  It may be related to this issue.

I'll have a look at this in the simulator and see if I can reproduce it.  I'm pretty sure this will need to be fixed in -rc7 as well.

Txs again.

• Dears,

Congratulations for the excellent “release” , my name is Robert Baumgartner from Brazil, and last Sunday Morning I updated my “multis” with this new release, and looks really good.

1) One Mini 220mm with Mini APM (T-Motors 1806 with 6pol Porpellers)

2) One Mini 270mm with Mini APM (T-Motors 2206 with 8pol Propellers)

3) One Hexa With PixHawk (T-motors 2814-10 with 12pol Propellers)

4) One Quad with PixHawk (T-motors 2208 with 9pol Propellers)

5) One Quad With APM 2.6 (Motors – AX2810  with 12pol Propellers)

All of then looks good in normal flight (Stabilize, AltHold e Loiter, Tested)

Just one question please, the parameter THR_DZ, how can I use? how this parameter value can be implemented?

Best Regards

Robert

• Developer

Robert,

I've just updated the AltHold wiki page to include a short description on the THR_DZ parameter.

The size of the deadband can be adjusted with the THR_DZ parameter (AC3.2 and higher only).  This params value should be between “0" and “400" with “0" meaning no deadband.  “100" would produce a deadband 10% above and below mid throttle (i.e. deadband extends from 40% to 60% throttle stick position).

Hope that helps.

• Hi Guys,

Had a quick question... I have still have the old 3DR GPS on APM 2X, would i still see improvement if download this version?? I see many users using ublox with compass.. Is there any concerns? currently running 3.1 version

Thanks,

Luis

This reply was deleted.

Activity