Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Copy&paste error from AP_NavEKF.h  to    AP_NavEKF.cpp

Git search 'AP_Float _gpsNEVelVarAccScale'

• Hello all, i bought my pixhawk some time ago and done mandatory config and autotune. My frame is reptile 500 its a TBS Discovery clone i think. It fly well in stabilise , poshold work great but in althold its not maintainig alt. When i  fly forward it start to losing alt and i have to give a throttle up to avoid hitting ground. Flying backwards give a less drop in alt. Thorttle mid is set as  mentioned in tutorial. The firmware on pixhawk is 3.2rc13. Here are log files to tell what is going on : Log
    Thanks all for patience and any help, cheers.

• Developer

Bartek,

Have you tried using AC3.1.5?  I'd like to confirm this is an AC3.2 issue and not a general support issue so we can keep this thread on track.

I've had a quick look at your logs and the AltHold seems to be working pretty well.  The vehicle's pitch control is a bit wobbly (maybe autotune would help) although I don't think this should lead to an altitude loss.

3702529058?profile=original

• Hi Randy
        I've tried pixhawk 2.4.5 rc 13 loiter/rtl/poshold all working great but in drift mode fast forward flight like 50mph + it does lose alt badly but then regains when stopped
        Stuart
  • this is the GPS compass + Mag. i intend to use for future flights since i had been having GPS lock problems for last one month. typically it takes 19+ sats HDOP is under 1.5. this had been used buy some flyers  in this blog.

http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=173

• Randy (or anyone willing to answer) a quick question...

Currently have AC3.1.1 and plan on ugrading to AC3.1.5 would like to know the following two:

1. Do I need to do all compass&accel calibration?

2. Would I still be able to use CLI/Terminal (I have APM 2.5) [I figured that starting AC3.2 CLI/terminal removed from APM 2.x to save dataflash space]

Thanks

• Developer

Alex,

This discussion is really for AC3.2 testing.  The answer to your question is:

1. no need to re-do the compass/accel calibration when moving from AC3.1 to AC3.1.5.

2. yes.

• My apologies... Yes these questions don't belong here. However since I was away from the scene for some time, I didn't know where to ask. 

If I have more questions about 3.1.5, should I use 3.1 forum?

thanks

• More data for that no land issue I have.  I loaded RC13 on my TRex 550 trad.  Flew it 4 times and the first 3 were great.  The fourth did not land on the RTL.  

After a battery swap, the fifth run did not land either.  I got it to land by switching momentarily into Stab and back into Auto and it decided to land but did not disarm.

Here is a tlog (90% is the moment it did not land). My log of the first 4 runs and my flight plan (I changed altitudes on each run).  

You can even see the video here.http://youtu.be/rkwScIGJq6U3701860233?profile=original

2014-10-25 10-54-44.tlog

14.BIN

camera 1.txt

This reply was deleted.

Activity