Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is POSHOLD mode in RC14?

I only see "POSITION" and when I set that as a flight mode and flip my mode from stabilize to position. It does not show "position" as the flight mode in flight data.

• I got it fixed. Had to update MP to latest beta and i saw back POSHOLD

• Developer
      Please download 3.2 from the Beta menu.
      You can verify the code version by either looking at the messages received from the vehicle when the telemetry connects or by looking in the log file.

Recalibrating your compass is required.
      • My compass calibration seems to be very fast. It normally takes long to complete.

Is the new versions now faster with compass calibration ?

• Yes the new Mission Planner ...I my case with pixhawk also less accurate. The Copter is yawing much more after new calibration. I did it several times with no good results.

• Yes, it has been changed so it auto completes when it has enough data.

• No its working normally, it show  north correctly compared it with analog compass.

• If tou read back some N amount of pages there was a discussion about demagnetizing the screws wich held pixhawk inside the case. I suggest first demaging those. Apperently some units are being assembled with a magnetized screw driver, this leaves the screws slightly magnetized. I actually had to heat up the screws till they were red than let them cool down,  this works too :) 

• Developer

Yes, I agree with Artem that it's most likely the screws in the case that are magnetized.  If people are finding the screws are magnetized it would be great to complain to the manufacturer of the boards.

My guess is these boards are not 3DR boards (I've already checked with 3DR that they do not use magnetized screws) but if by chance they are, I think Craig Elder could help us work back to find the problem in manufacturing.

By the way, I think it's really cool and interesting that you thought to use a tape demagnetizer to fix the problem.

• I'm a bit late here - can't follow everything!
          BUT, I wonder whether anyone actually tests their MAG after calibration, to see whether headings are accurate. You need to do it on a tripod according to my procedure at
          http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/apm-and-compass-calibration?comme...
          I found on several occasions that his "manual" calibration method can improve upon the offsets provided by the normal calibration procedure from MP.
          I'd be very interested to hear whether others find some heading errors and can correct them as I did.

This reply was deleted.

Activity