Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Randy!

In the mean time I'll set the throttle to minimum during landing and disarm upon getting the MAV_STATE_STANDBY state. (Its a custom GCS.)

• MR60

this sounds like a perfectly normal behavior to me (and proof GCS failsafe kicked in correctly).

However your post and those of many other similar ones are due to a number of failsafe settings that people forget about (they are hidden in various screens of MP).

A suggestion for MP (and AP) would be to develop a screen gathering and displaying all of the failsafes with their parameters; a kind of "failsafes" checklist : battery failsafe, GCS/telemetry failsafe, GPS failsafe, Throttle failsafe, etc.. This checklist could then be checked before each flight (i change a lot my failsafes params according to the flight objectives)

• That's probably a good idea. 

In the past, I always disarmed when the copter was close to the ground to avoid having it flip during the auto-land process. Looks like I still need to manually disarm after it has successfully landed (or automatically disarm when I receive the LAND event, which comes in as MAV_STATE_STANDBY.) Looking through the code, it appears that the throttle has to be at minimum to automatically disarm after landing has finished. 

• I don't think it's normal behaviour for a GCS failsafe to initiate RTL mode when the copter has landed. Randy will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the code takes in to account that the copter is on the ground for safety reasons.

But keep in mind that one of the rules of the game is to always disarm the model before switching off the Tx. Just as you should always have the Tx turned on before powering on the model.

• I am with Darrell on this one. GCS failsafe shouldn't have kicked since the copter was on the ground...

Waiting to hear Randy's response on this...

• I've disabled the FS_THR_ENABLE so that I can fly the mission without an R/C. I enable AUTO mode by manually overriding the R/C throttle via Mavlink and increasing the throttle a bit.  I do enable the FS_GCS_ENABLE so the copter will RTL if the telemetry link drops.

• I had a small issue yesterday after flying 3.2 RC14 for the first time. I am uncertain if its a firmware issue or what.

I took off in stabilize mode then switched to loiter mode. After hovering in loiter for maybe 5-10secs, the quad jumped in altitude on its own.. About 1meter

EKF ON.

I was previously on RC9 and did not have any issues like that.

• T3

Nikoli,

what ESCs are you using?

• I'm using DJI E600 Package.

6S 20A ESCs and 415kv motors.

• T3

Nikoli,

I am having similar problems - frequently.

Jonathan suggested it might be "EKF kicking on in-flight, causing a step-change in altitude". For some logs and discussion see:

http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=10230&sid=3...

Thorsten

This reply was deleted.

Activity