Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@Ravi,

I do not believe that the default uBlox M8 configuration file is the best for operation with the Pixhawk.

Here is a recommended configuration modification to work with the Pixhawk for Europe:

PRT (ports)

UART 1

Protocol out

UBX

Baudrate

RATE (Rates)

Measurement Period

200 ms

Measurement Frequency

5 Hz

NAV5 (Navigation 5)

Dynamic Model

Airborn 4G

Fix Mode

3 - Auto 2D/3D

Min SV Elevation

10 Grad

DGPS Timeout

120 sec

SBAS

Subsystem

Enabled

PRN Codes

EGNOS (EUROPE)

120, 124, 126, 131

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Jörgen, the GPS I mentioned with 5 sats was a NEO6M. I also use LEA6H and it has 8-9sats in cloudy conditions.

Thomas, I'm aware of that effect with the sats on the horizon, so my workaround is to shield the antenna a bit with a plastic yoghurt pot. So you can filter them out. I know it's strange to force a reduction of sats, but that works well on my copters.

Winston, these sats could be the reason. I recognized, when such a sat is captured the position of my quad jumps around 2m away.. yesterday it happened when sat #16 intermittently occured.

Yudi, yes at CSGshop.

Devis, yes can do it asap.

Titeuf, it runs with factory settings, config will be send on startup from pixhawk, so I didn't change.

• mates,

I've got the new UBLOX NEO-M8N with compass today and I'm very impressed.. Connected via Uart for GPS and I2C for compass with pixhawk. Its only one pin header for both, so you have to change the sequence of your wires. Pin header is showing in flight direction.

I've got 15 sats and hdop of 1,3 during bad cloudy weather! Usually I had only 5 sats in such cases.

3701766857?profile=original3701766579?profile=original

• could you share you ublox txt?

• @Christian, Hi, can you send me your wiring plan with this GPS ???

• Where did you bought this gps? Would you like to share the link?
    • Hi Christian! I also have this GPS and I had the same results in a test that I realized before flying, but unfortunately I was playing with the pines of connection and damaged the tracks of the plate and after a lot of work I could weld them and it works, but when I prepared to prove the Quad, I could observe problems of instability in Loiter and the quad was presenting very strong drifts in some directions. If you've done some flights with this GPS, I'd be happy to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpPm7U67uA&feature=youtube_gda...

• Admin

@Christian,

In my never ending quest for rover heading knowledge fidelity I have been evaluating a GSC uBlox M8Q GPS which has, I believe, an active antenna compared to the M8N.
      I am using the uBlox U-Center GUI to communicate with the M8Q and am using the default interface configuration.
      So far this afternoon I have been able to acquire 12 sats resulting in an HDOP of 0.7 - 0.8 all while resting on a stool about three feet from the nearest window in my town home in southern Florida.
      The best that I have ever had indoors with my uBlox LEA-6 is 14 sats and an HDOP of around 1.2 - 1.4.
      Outside I expect the M8Q to obviously perform even better. I suspect that it can acquire at least 18 sats and get the HDOP to around 0.5 when used outside.
      Being able to acquire more sats than the LEA-6 will allow the mask angle to be increased to help eliminate the acquisition of sats on or near the horizon that can cause reduced heading fidelity.
      Regards,
      Tom C ArduRover2 Developer
      • @Thomas J Coyle III 

Just to be sure: Is the M8Q compatible with APM and Pixhawk?

Thanks.

Henri

This reply was deleted.

Activity