Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Jay,

Yes, I suspect so.  I don't really want to include anything more except critical bug fixes this close to the official release but I think this one will probably go in and we will have one final -rc7.  I guess I'd just like to see if any other serious issues come up in the next week or so before making the final decision.

• Hi Randy, I noticed a little twitching in loiter only when I was commanded movement, in the hover it seemed to be fine.   These 130kv motors are a little docile anyway. I will keep monitoring.

• it s a good way to see a good and reliable officiel 3.2 !

• Hi All,

Hereby a Set Auto-Tune Logs to identify the differences between V3.15 and V3.20 RC5 for those interested,

See the word file for explanations.

Erik

2014-08-03 12-42-00 Autotune-v315.BIN

2014-08-20 20-35-54 Autotune v320 RC5.bin

Auto-tune diffs between v3.15, and v3.20 RC5.docx

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701818914?profile=original
    • Developer

Hi Erik,

I don't trust either of these tunes because the D terms are started very high, especially in the RC5 version. Could you please repeat the autotune with the Pitch and Roll D terms set to 0.004 and P terms set to 0.1 and I terms 0.1 and Stab P terms 4.5. Make sure the copter is stable before doing autotune!!!

When you do the two tests could you please make sure they both have the same starting points.

Thanks for your help!!

• Hi Leonard,

see my logs, you'll find them on page 100. two props should not be gone for good.

• Hi Leonard,

And hereby the requested log's with both the same starting PID values.

Both V3.15 and V3.20 RC5 behaved as expected, and tuned well.

Am I right in reading the ATUN values that each last line of a tuning session (Axis 0, and 1) the found optimal values would need to end up in the PID settings of Roll (Axis 0) and PID settings of Pitch (Axis 1) ?

So at line 47558 it finished the Roll tuning with RPGain 0.07999 -> Rate-Roll P & I, and the RDGain 0.085 -> Rate-Roll D, and SPGain 14,5 should end up in Stabilize Roll P ?

And of course the same on Pitch from last line in Axis 1 tuning?

Thanks in advance..

Erik

2014-08-31 18-47-49 Autotune-v320-RC5.bin

2014-08-31 20-10-13 Autotune-v315.bin

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702764781?profile=original
      • Hi Leonard,
        If you check the word file, you'll see that the ending value's are indeed close to what you are specifying..
        The last screenshot gives a RATE_RLL_D of 0.00849999, and a RATE_PIT_D of 0.015 which are the results of the Auto-tune session...
        This is a log screen dump of a flight directly following the auto-tune flights....

Are you saying you need to prep these values before attempting auto tune ?

I had a crash based on the D value's being too low, so as soon as it started to oscillate due to wind or an RTL command, it couldn't recover from that.

That's probably why my starting value's (pre tune) are higher as you specified...
        Post tune the copter is flying perfect however...

But I'll give it a shot as soon as the wind drops here, it's to windy at this moment..

Erik
  • Just upload RC6 to Pixhawk, but Poshold mode is missing during mode setup  in Mission Planner 1.3.9.

• Solved. Just push the update button in MP, then the PosHold just comes up.
This reply was deleted.

Activity