Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• New rc5 is released, will give this one a test on my Tarot 680PRO Hexa now!

ArduCopter 3.2-rc5 15-Aug-2014
    Changes from 3.2-rc4
    1) Pixhawk's max num waypoints increased to 718
    2) Smoother take-off in AltHold, Loiter, PosHold (including removing initial 20cm jump when taking off)
    3) ACRO mode roll, pitch, yaw EXPO added for faster rotation when sticks are at extremes (see ACRO_EXPO parameter)
    4) ch7/ch8 relay option replaces ch6 option (ch6 is reserved for tuning not switching things on/off)
    5) Safety Items:
    a) Baro glitch check relaxed to 5m distance, 15m/s/s max acceleration
    b) EKF/INav check relaxed to 80cm/s/s acceleration correct (default remains as 0.6 but this now means 80cm/s/s)
    c) When GPS or Baro glitch clears, the inertial nav velocities are *not* reset reducing chance of sudden vehicle lean
    d) Baro altitude calculation checked for divide-by-zero and infinity
    6) Bug Fixes:
    a) AltHold jump bug fixed (altitude target reset when landed)
    b) Rally point bug fix so it does not climb excessively before flying to rally point
    c) body-frame rate controller z-axis bug fix (fast rotation in z-axis would cause wobble in roll, pitch)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

• ...RC5 is not yet showing as available through Mission Planner for me under Beta Firmwares...

Noob question maybe, but #4 - Ch7/Ch8 Relay has me wondering.  I use Ch5/Ch6 for 6 flight modes in 2 switches.  Ch6 is used as a 2-position switch.  Ch7 is used for Simple/Super Simple Modes.  Ch8 is sometimes used for EKF on/off, Auto Tune, or Flip(I know there's numerous choices available).  Will I be able to use Ch6 in the same manner with RC5?  Regards

• I used the 10:08 build from the firmware site. http://firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/2014-08/2014-08-15-10:08/apm2-...

Flashed and did a regular recalibration of my hexa. Launched in stab and switched over to AltHold, Loiter, PosHold and it flies well. Will try an ROI mission if the rain will stop later. 

Found an issue with Mission Planner though, Log Analysis is not working with a Mavlink downloaded log from this flight. Got an Error: Unknown mode in TestPitchRollCoupling: POSHOLD. Bad input file.

• I couldn´t hold on, and updated my -rc4 to -rc5 as well for a short try. My F450 PXV2 crash copter behaved very well @ ALTHOLD and POSITION HOLD. I noticed that LAND works very well out of these modes, no more hopping. Started in ALTHOLD and won´t use STAB  for this anymore.

Thx a lot for the work,devs :-)

• Developer

Martin, Troy,

-rc5 is not quite out yet.  It's ready to go but I was away today so I didn't push it to the mission planner.  I'll push it out there tomorrow morning.

• Hi Randy - sorry to pile on but a major concern of mine is the full throttle bug with althold modes during take off. Has this issue been identified and eliminated (tested) ? I'd hate to be stuck in a tree again :D

• "1) Pixhawk's max num waypoints increased to 718"

Thank you, thank you thank you! I've been using MS Excel to edit large waypoint text files because I can copy, paste and renumber the waypoints more easily. Is there anything special about the structure of the waypoint file I should know (use of CR, LF, extra spaces, extra characters at the end of the file, etc.)? I haven't had any issues with this method so far but there is more chance for mistakes as the number of waypoints gets larger..

• Randy, I flashed the 15-aug 10:08 build ( http://firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/2014-08/2014-08-15-10:08/apm2-... ) and ran through a regular recalibration. 

Made a short test flight launch from Stab, Alt Hold, Loiter, PosHold and all seems fine, though the bad weather here today only made me get 6 or 7 sats, so the pos fix wasn't rock solid in air.

But I really like the feel of PosHold, as I normally like to fly around in AltHold.

• The rain stopped! :) Programmed a small mission with SPLINE waypoints and ROI. It worked great!

Finally I can record smooth video missions by my self, controlling the pitch of the gimbal against the ROI.

I have not configured the camera gimbal tilt output and FC_PITCH on the gimbal but i guess that the ROI height would make this automatically from the Arducopter?

• This version cause stabize mode fly aways?

I do not install rc4 because stabilize fly aways.

This reply was deleted.

Activity