Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just tried AC3.2-rc10 with my PIXHAWK @ F450 as usual with STAB, ALT, POS HOLD (EKF turned on all the time). No issues during 35 minutes tot.

Great: Improved LAND . Thanks a lot and keep it the way it is !

No need anymore for entering STAB during the final stage in order to prevent bouncing of the ground !!

• Hi Randy,

I was trying rc10. for the time everything went well. I have just figured out, that for the Ch7_OPT or Ch8_OPT the Option EKF is gone. And Pos-Hold is now Position. Can that be?

Thanks for all your time and great work!

• Developer

Andre,

Have you re-installed the mission planner from the .msi file?  That often leads to installing an old version. There's an update firmware button on one of the mission planner page (the help page i think) that'll bring it up to the latest version.

• i just updated the mission planer before i go with the rc10. i´ve now 1.3.10 build 1.1.5369.11976 

• I just updated my PixHawk to RC10.

First... I'll mention that I kept getting bad gyro... and I couldn't recalibrate. But then I remembered to power cycle the pixhawk after updating the firmware and then I recalibrated the accell again and it's working now.

Second... after recalibrating my compass (I also have the 3DR compass/GPS), it seems my calibration failed. East is showing as about SW (229 degrees), North is showing about 140 degrees. South about 309 degrees. I tried to calibrate twice with similar results. I have to leave my home soon, so I will try this again later, but RC9 did not do this. 

Third,  I've mentioned this several times,but it's still not displaying anything. in Standard Params LOG_BITMASK in Mission Planner is BLANK I'm using 1.3.10 build 1.1.5369.11976 of Mission Planner.

In full parameter list I see:

LOG_BITMASK -22530 830:Default 894:Default+RCIN 958:Default+IMU 1854:Default+Motors -6146:NearlyAll 0:Disabled 2 byte bitmap of log types to enable

• I just tried again to recalibrate my compass. I'm sitll about 165 degrees off (when I have my PixHawk pointed about to North, I get a reading of about 165 degrees. My rotation is set to NONE.

This is new as of RC10.

Are there any suggestions as how I should proceed with the Compass issue.

Sorry for the formatting about the LOG_BITMASK being garbled. the current value is -22530. I think the rest of the data is displaying ok.

• Developer

Rich,

Thanks for the report.  I've added the new default for Pixhawk to the LOG_BITMASK parameter description so the drop-down should appear ok after the next mission planner update.

The compass issue is very strange.  Could you provide a dataflash log file?  No need to actually fly or even plug in the battery, just connect via USB, arm it (perhaps after setting ARMING_CHECK to zero), raise the throttle (to simulate flying) and then rotate the vehicle to a couple of different headings.  The disarm, disconnect and reconnect the board, download the log and stick it here.

• Hi Randy

a little info:

px4firmware in AC3,2-rc10 release  is 23a11fc NOT the latest,

BTW: Great work

• Randy,

Should I do this after installing 3.2rc10?

One unfortunate thing is that we found an issue with the Compass device ids and this will mean that a number of people need to go in and do their compass calibration again.  I'm really sorry about this.  If you know your compass offsets are ok, you can get around having to redo the calibration by going into the full parameters list and:

a) write down the COMPASS_DEVID and COMPASS_DEVID2 numbers that you see

b) increase the numbers by 1 and press "Write Params"

c) return the numbers to their originals and press "Write Params"

d) reboot the board.

• Is that only relevant for Pixhawk Users ?

On APM 2.5 i can just update to rc10 ?

One unfortunate thing is that we found an issue with the Compass device ids and this will mean that a number of people need to go in and do their compass calibration again.  I'm really sorry about this.  If you know your compass offsets are ok, you can get around having to redo the calibration by going into the full parameters list and:

a) write down the COMPASS_DEVID and COMPASS_DEVID2 numbers that you see

b) increase the numbers by 1 and press "Write Params"

c) return the numbers to their originals and press "Write Params"

d) reboot the board.

This reply was deleted.

Activity