Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I made update to AC3.2 rc4...

There is no more "PosHold" mode option at MissionPlanner FlightModes setup. How can I repare it ?

I did try to clean reinstall MP but problem was not fixed.

• Uploaded AC3.2 rc14 on Pixhawk.

It looks stabilize roll P and pitch P forced to zero.

I am not sure already reported here.

3701865270?profile=original

• Developer

..and I believe there is an issue with the ch6 tuning in that when ch6 is zero, the parameter that is being tuned will always be set to zero regardless of what the "Min" value is set to.  There's an item on the to-do list to sort this out.   sorry!

• @Lior

Thanks. I have forgot about CH6 setting. It becomes OK after removing CH6 setting.

@Randy

Actually, there is very minor inconsistency of software for the handling of parameters on CH6 tuning.

But, it is very minor.

• YOu have CH6 set for pitch / roll stab, please check channel 6 value its probably at 1000uS.

• still using 3.2rc12  testing spline waypoint & ROI on my QAV400 apm2.6, 4s power setup

question :

is that rc13 and rc14 solve landing issue? my last waypoint is RTL with LAND and the result is hardlanding from 50meter height and bumping once .

here the video. see last minute.

• Developer

@ultrojo,

Great video (except the rough landing).

I'd need to see a log file to know why that happened.  There are three possibilities that spring to mind:

1. the LAND_SPEED is set too high

2. the WP_SPEED_DN is set too high

3. the barometer drifted a lot over the flight so the vehicle didn't slow to the LAND_SPEED early enough to slow the vehicle's before it hit the ground.

This reply was deleted.

Activity