Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The exact message is btw; "compasses inconsistent".

• When you launch Mission Planner you can click on "Help", "About" and then "Look for Updates".  (that's from memory, I'm at work :) )

-Mike

• Some issue here. I cannot fly without pre-arm checks off. I wish there was a way to let the system do all the checks but skip the compass. I simply cannot get the pixhawk far enough away from the battery.  Is there a way to disable the internal completely and add a second external compass  for redundancy? I2C port? 

• Thanks Randy,

That made sense. I installed Mission Planner and redid the calibration. (I'm on a Mac so I was using APM Planner 2.0.14 before). Calibration was successful. PreArm checks were lifted. Need to find something to redo the calibration, because it tends to toilet bowl a little.

For what's worth it, the COMPASS_DEV_ID2 remains at -1 in 3.2-rc7. (But the offsets are stored correctly)

• This thread moves so fast!!!

I check in once every few days for a read and am always shocked how many new posts have been made.

Well done Randy and all other devs for all your work!

• Hi,

I don't know if it's correct that I reply in this thread with my question but as it's one of the most active thread then I do.

Well, I fly using version 3.1.5 since a lot of time and I would like to upgrade to 3.2 version specially to try the "hybrid" mode. I'm a little apprehensive to update because I only have one quad and I prefer to do not crash it:)

Even if I know that there is always some risks running BETA version, do you recommend me upgrade to the last release candidate ?  3.2 rc7 ?

thanks in advance

• Developer

Martin,

If you're afraid of crashing it then I'd say stick with the official releases and wait for the official AC3.2 release.  My personal feeling is that AC3.2-rc7 (the current beta firmware version) is stable and is probably fine but I can't make any promises, there are probably a couple of issues still lurking in there.

• Hi Randy,

Thanks for the Sonar setup information. The sonar is now working on the HEXA with APM 2.6.

I am trying to download logs to see how it is working but I keep geting  " LOG TIMEOUT" after a short time.

How can I tackle the this problem.  Using 3DR telemetry at 57500 baud.

Regards David

• Developer

David,

I've never tried downloading logs over telemetry.  It may simply not work and you may need to use the USB cable.  When connected through USB you can still use the new Dataflash log download via MAVLink feature.

My only other advice is to ensure that "flow control" is enabled but if you're using the 3dr radio with the regular cables I'm sure it is already.

• Download over telemetry works fine for me, it is slow due to low baud rate, but it works!
This reply was deleted.

Activity