Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same here, with 3.1.5 alt hold is ok and with 3.2 general moving the quad or use autotune is losing altitude 2-5 meter.

Haven't check with EKF, should this be different for baro readings and interpretation?

• I have just come after doing three test flights today with Arducopter 3.2_RC5 and Droidplanner 2 Beta (Latest). It was really great performance all together. My observations during these test flights as as follows;

When doing Follow-me, the quad was following me, due to unknown reason, may be telemetry radio antenna damage inside, there were momentary breaks in the telemetry signal and during these breaks the quad was stopping somewhere in between and I had to press the follow me icon again and again.
    What I suggest that once the telemetry link is restored, the app should continue sending the location information to the the airborne quad for following.

Overall it was a great experience and the apk did not crash during all the test flights.

I have tested successfully, the telemetry via bluetooth on Droidplanner 2 latest beta.

Module used is:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__42845__Multiwii_MWC_FC_B...

Used FTDI 5V & Arduino IDE as Telnet terminal, commands to set the baudrate to 57600 is
    BAUD RATE SETTING COMMANDS
    "AT+BAUD7"

PIN SETTING COMMAND, DO IT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE THE PIN
    "AT+PIN2267" Sets the PIN to 2267

NAME SETTING COMMAND
    "AT+NAMERANA" Sets the device name to RANA

• I also tried out Droidplanner 2 Beta this week. Also found it very good and no issue with connection and usage.

• Can you still click on a param in the list and it pops open a window explaining in detail what the options are?? I seem to have lost that with the latest install :[

• Has Andropilot been shelved in favor of driodplanner or is this just a personal preference? thanks in advance

• Developer

Hi Thor and Rana,

I'm finally getting around to releasing a new andropilot beta for this latest change to guided mode.  It will go out today (you'll need to join the betatester group to get it).  Thanks for the report!

• left a note on your G+, still not working in FW 3.2 RC 7 

• Hi Kevin ! I have opted for beta testing of the Andropilot

• Hi Kevin !

Follow-Me is still not working in the latest beta of Andropilot, tried with Arducopter 3.2_RC5.

However keeping all the conditions same, and switching back to Droidplanner 2 beta, Follow-Me works very well.

• Thanks kevin, i am apart of that group i believe but i will double check.

This reply was deleted.

Activity