ArduCopter Level Strange Message

I'm setting up my fourth APM2.5 and when I go to ArduCopter Level I get a message that I haven't seen before. When I click Calibrate Accel it tells me:

"Ready to FLY ublox OK"

It never lets me go through the calibration routine that I've done on my previous APM setups.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is known by MP author. "in preparation for the next release, where the level function changes again" he says.  If you need to do this now use MP V1.2.44 or older. 

• (Did a new post because the later was wrong. Thank You Goncalo!)

Despite of the "Ready to FLY uBlox OK" message I did a successful calibration (level routine / Accelerometer Calibration) in MP 1.2.47.  It seem to be a "visual" bug (the messages is a bit fucked up). I did the prosedure "by heart" like I always have done and it worked.

IMPORTIENT BEFORE YOU START

• Remember to have the copter completely still during button click (you have to use a wall or something. Not by hand, that's to shaky)
    • Test the horizon before flight to confirm that the calibration has been correct. Im not 100% sure if it was right or left first in the prosedure below. 
    • Here is a great video http://vimeo.com/56224615 made by Randy Mackay about the same theme.

1. Click "Calibrate Accel"
    2. Place the copter in level
    3. Click the button ONCE (remember only One click for each copter positions)
    4. Place the copter 90dgr to the right (right I think...., remember to test the calibration before flight)
    5. Click the button ONCE
    6. Place the copter 90dgr to the left (left I think..., remember to test the calibration before flight)
    7. Click the button ONCE
    8. Place the copter 90dgr pitch up
    9. Click the button ONCE
    10. Place the copter 90dgr pitch down 
    11. Click the button ONCE
    12. Place the copter upside down  
    13. Click the button ONCE
    14. Now the button text changed to "Done" and it worked. Copter was perfect level and tested OK in all angles.

ms

• Same issue today when setting up my Hexa. 

• same here on .47

• I am also having problem with level.  mission planner 1.2.46 give message " MTK19 OK"  or sometimes A_off: with numbers.

So,  Will go to older version and see what happens

• I installed 1.2.33 just because it was handy (on desktop) and everything was fine no more 6 degree even after leveling. Then upgraded and just hooked it up to Planner and boom there it was again. I want to fly....... going back to the older version and be satisfied its usable.

• It appears to be a bug in 1.2.46 and .47. I just reinstalled 1.2.42 and it worked fine.

• I am having the same problem tried to fly after the Ublox message flew forward. Put it on the mission planer to check level it shows the pitch of about 6 deg the roll was ok. Now how do i get it back to level?

• I am experiencing this too. Have tested with both mission planner 1.2.46 and 1.2.47

This reply was deleted.

Activity