Good day guys !!  

I feel the need to obtain the information from my PixHawk in my Graupner MZ-24 screen. I found
some threads talking about a change in arducopter firmware to run the telemetry, not good at messing original controller firmware.

Then I found an "adapter" that staff of the AutoQuad made to convert the MavLink in Hott telemetry.

I come here to share a few changes I made in the project Mav2Rott downloaded here: http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=31.
This is an adaptation to send the telemetry PixHawk for Graupner Hott Protocol.

Is correct with some features:

Battery Voltage;
Altitude for barometer;
Satellite count Speed;
Flight Modes Current drawn by the motor;
Direction of the Head;

I am not able to make it work:

Correct display Latitude and Longitude;
Distance of Home;
Direction of Home;

If anyone can help thank you very much.
The project is attached to the topic. The connections are equal to the jd-ioboard. I am using an Arduino Pro Mini.

Mav2HoTT_NoLeds.zip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello vag,

I had the same problem and solved it. Try this settings in mission planner

• SRx_EXT_STAT =2    =2Hz battery voltage, current and capacity GPS,fix .RAW GPS position, velocity, altitude
      SRx_RAW_SENS = 2  gives 2Hz pressure, and temperature.
      SRx_POSITION =2  position mixed with accelerometer & barometer data
      SRx_EXTRA2=2  heading, baro altitude, climb/descent rate
  • Hello everyone, hello Michel

I'm trying to make work the MAVLink2HoTT v1.4.3 without success.

Here is my setup:

Pixhawk 1

Arducopter version: 3.4.4

Graupner MX-20 with firmware version: 1.207

Receiver: GR-16 with firmware version: V6a37

Mini Arduino Pro 5V 16MHz

Everything is wired worrectly to Telemetry 1 port and the settings of the port unchanged (Mavlink 1 protocol + 57600)

All settings in MAVLink2HoTT 1.4.3 are the default ones (all sensors emulated)

Problems are:

All values on the Graupner display are at zero, except the capacity of the battery (mAh)

When I change the flight-mode, the display (of this flight mode) takes around 3 to seconds to update, which seems to be quite long.

Beside that, nothing else changes.

I can walk though the settings of MAVLink2HoTT  on the MX-20 and change them, but the telemetry data dont come.

I tested the same setup with another GR-16 receiver and also with another mini Arduino Pro, but the behavior remains the same.

Any idea about what could be the problem?

Thank you

• Hi Michel,

hi all others,

I also tried to use this great software, but I only get the flight modes to my transmitter, no other data.

Anyone an idea?

My setup ist Pixhawk, GR16 with MX20.

Thanks and best regards

Flo

• Hello Michel and others,

Ths is to report that the firmware is also working with AUAV-X2

Thanks for this project. Exactly what I need.

Using MX16 / GR16 on a AUAV-X2 with Arducopter 3.4.4

Flashing the board with MAVLink2HoTT 1.4.3 was no problem, and I can see the telemetry data on my MX16!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Setup:

I connected the AtMega328p to this port:

USART2 ( SERIAL1 ) is a full set serial interface : This serial interface could be used for telemetry.

It is the top mounted white socket next to the USB port -> got the cable on ebay "JST SH 1,0mm  6-Pin"

Pin1 = GND -> AtMega328p GND
    Pin2 = +5VP  -> AtMega328p VCC
    Pin3 = U2CTS 
    Pin4 = U2RTS 
    Pin5 = U2Tx ->AtMega328p RX0
    Pin6 = U2Rx

AtMega328p Pin3 -> GR16 Telemetry Port signal pin

++++++++++++++++++++++

Again, a big thank you for this! 

Dom

• It's been a while since I made a comment.

Latest version 1.4.2 is EXACTLY what I need, if you remember my question a few moths ago about displaying heading.

Your solution is more than I expected! ;)

I confirm over 50 flying hours without any problems! (MC32 and GR16)

A real big THANK YOU for this!!

I had an Idea this night, maibe you also think it would be a real nice feature:

I was thinking about use Mission Planner with BT connection to MC32 or similar ( I only own a MC32)

As it talks HOTT, Mission Planner try to connect, but of course understand nothing.

My idea is connect an Arduino between data port and bluetooth module, traduce the HOTT stream back again to MAVLINK.

You could use a laptop or tablet running Mission Planner or QGround Control to visualize the telemetry.

I use HD video streaming to check the camera view running at 5,8 gHz, it makes no sense to setup an additional data link as I think the receiver would probably go mad in this messy enviroment. ;)

We have an existing link anyway over HOTT, to start I would suggest a one way connection.

Communicate to the Pixhawk is not important, gathering telemetry data would be more than enough by now.

You have an idea about that if this could be possible?

• Have connected this interface to Pixracer running 3.4-rc6 and it works great.

THX

• Hello,

thank you, works great on my Graupner GR-16.

Would there be enough space on the ArduinoNano to add LED Signaling with some WS28xx LED's like

done here (Site is in German)?

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad-hardware-connections/telemet...

Will you share your code via git?

Regards

Tom

Michel Kosloff said:

Made experimental version for Hannes. It shows YAW instead of GPS travel direction when:

GPS and VARIO emulation is enabled (VARIO is needed to show "Y" or "G" right to "Dir" ) and "Dir=YAW if spd < "  config parameter is not zero (not disabled)

If conditions above are met YAW is shown instead of GPS travel direction when:

1   Disarmed

or

2   There is GPS fix and travel speed is less than "Dir=YAW if spd < " value

or

3   No GPS fix

"Y" char appears right to "Dir:" field in summary screen when YAW is displayed and "G" char in case of GPS course.

If GPS emulation is disabled, no character is displayed. If VARIO emu is disabled, no char is displayed as this char is transmitted with vario message.

Again should say I haven't tested this at all.

Regards, Michel.

Mavlink LED Signaling & HoTT
    AutoQuad
  • Made a short test shows that it works. When setting DIR=YAW speed is OFF, GPS direction ist used, else the compass direction. Currently there is no GPS indoors, I will do some more tests within the next days when it is dry outside.

The letters next to direction are a good idea and give additional information about the direction source. 

Geat! Thank you!

Michel Kosloff said:

Made experimental version for Hannes. It shows YAW instead of GPS travel direction when:

GPS and VARIO emulation is enabled (VARIO is needed to show "Y" or "G" right to "Dir" ) and "Dir=YAW if spd < "  config parameter is not zero (not disabled)

1   Disarmed

or

or

3   No GPS fix

"Y" char appears right to "Dir:" field in summary screen when YAW is displayed and "G" char in case of GPS course.

If GPS emulation is disabled, no character is displayed. If VARIO emu is disabled, no char is displayed as this char is transmitted with vario message.

Regards, Michel.

• Made experimental version for Hannes. It shows YAW instead of GPS travel direction when:

1   Disarmed

or

or

3   No GPS fix

Regards, Michel.

MAVLink2HOTT-v1.4.2b.hex

• hüseyin yıldız said:

and an idea from me,

can you add mavlink error massages ?

for ie not arm high gps hdop etc...

Thank you for idea, I'll think how to implement it

and a question,

which sensors must be emulated for minimum voltage amperage gps heading data? 

EAM and GPS will give all information you need

however if you also need text messages (flight modes etc) you also need VARIO

See tables in doc page http://mediamax.pro/MAVLink2HoTT

This reply was deleted.

Activity