Warning #1: an issue has been found with Tower's Pause button which can cause the vehicle to fly to an old position if the vehicle has not sent a position update to Tower in some time.
Warning #2: Copter-3.3.2 fixes a bug found in Copter-3.3.1's desired climb rate initialisation which could lead to a sudden momentary drop when switching from Stabilize or Acro to AltHold, Loiter or PosHold.
Warning #3: Copter-3.3.2 fixes an issue found in Copter-3.3.1 which could lead to hard landings in RTL or AUTO if the WPNAV_SPEED_DN was set too high (i.e. >400 or 4m/s) and/or the WPNAV_ACCEL_Z was set too low (i.e. <100 or 1m/s/s).
Warning #4: a bug was found in Copter-3.3 which could cause a sudden crash if you abort a Take-off initiated from a ground station. Video description is here. The bug is fixed in Copter-3.3.1 so we recommend upgrading.
Note #1: AC3.3-rc8 corrected a long standing bug in the HDOP reporting. HDOP values will appear about 40% lower than previously but this does not actually mean the GPS position is better than before.
Note #2: if upgrading from AC3.2.1 the vehicle's accelerometer calibration needs to be done again.
Note #3: set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to "3" and reboot the board to enable FrSky telemetry like in previous versions.
Note #4: the wiki will be updated over the next few weeks to explain how to use the new features
Copter-3.3.1 is available through the mission planner. The full list of changes vs AC3.2.1 can be see in the ReleaseNotes and below are the most recent changes since AC3.3.
Sadly this version (and all future versions) will not run on the APM2.x boards due to CPU speed, flash and RAM restrictions.
Changes from 3.3:
1) Bug fix to prevent potential crash if Follow-Me is used after an aborted takeoff
2) compiler upgraded to 4.9.3 (runs slightly faster than 4.7.2 which was used previously)
Changes from 3.3-rc11:
1) EKF recovers from pre-arm "Compass variance" failure if compasses are consistent
Changes from 3.3-rc10:
1) PreArm "Need 3D Fix" message replaced with detailed reason from EKF
Changes from 3.3-rc9
1) EKF improvements:
a) simpler optical flow takeoff check
2) Bug Fixes/Minor enhancements:
a) fix INS3_USE parameter eeprom location
b) fix SToRM32 serial protocol driver to work with recent versions
c) increase motor pwm->thrust conversion (aka MOT_THST_EXPO) to 0.65 (was 0.50)
d) Firmware version sent to GCS in AUTOPILOT_VERSION message
3) Safety:
a) pre-arm check of compass variance if arming in Loiter, PosHold, Guided
b) always check GPS before arming in Loiter (previously could be disabled if ARMING_CHECK=0)
c) sanity check locations received from GCS for follow-me, do-set-home, do-set-ROI
d) fix optical flow failsafe (was not always triggering LAND when optical flow failed)
e) failsafe RTL vs LAND decision based on hardcoded 5m from home check (previously used WPNAV_RADIUS parameter)
Thanks for your testing!
Replies
Hi Artem,
I use 13x5 upper and 14x7 lower. Rcout is almost equal for upper and lower motors.
AUW 2650g
Pixhawk AC 3.3.2
Neo M8N
EMAX MT3506 650KV
Kiss ESC 18/30 A
Multistar 10Ah 4s 10C.
Aeronaut Cam Carbon light 13x5 upper / 14x6 lower.
->26 min hover.
I also tried APC Electric 13x4,5 / 14 x 7.
Both Setups work fine. I think for an efficient coax setup you need more pitch and larger diameter for the lower prop.
Yep, AUW is about what I thought. Thank you!
Everything I've seen tested so far is either from a test stand of hovering. Like helicopters, once you start to move and enter ETL (effective transitional lift), a lot of the vortex interference will dissipate. given the vortices travel downward, I wonder if mounting the rear arms higher than the front arms would help? Sounds like a job for Simscale : )
Its a Y6, coaxial.
Then you'd just raise the single back arm. Funny you'd mention a Y6, I was thinking of a Gryphon 1400 Y6 with a bent arm on the rear and 6 of the new KDE 8218's.
Any suggestions on improving noisy IPD EKF values? It appears that it is mostly related to a Noisy Barometer. I've got vibrations well below acceptable levels.
The Pixhawk is housed in an rctimer dome.
I loose about 5-10 feet of altitude transitioning from hover to directional flight. I've increased EKF ALT Noise to 3.7 and its subdued the rather aggressive drop to a sustained slow drop over about 10 seconds vs 1-2 seconds.
Still would like to improve on this.
2015-12-02 17-35-49.tlog.zip
Kenneth,
Looks like a tlog, if you've got a dataflash log I'll take a peek at it. If it really is baro noise, then it's a known issue on the to-do list here but there's no guarantee we can do anything about it in software actually. The best solution is a physical change to the frame. Here's the diydrones discussion on this topic.
I think the issue you linked to is a "Climb" issue and his is a "drop" issue. I've always had a climb issue since back in the old APM days and not just APM but even my old MultiWii boards. And to be honest. I have always kind of liked it :)
-
55
-
56
-
57
-
58
-
59
of 449 Next