I am currently planning to build a PixHawk powered Phantom. I know this has been done before in some regards, but I wanted to share my process and build as I move forward. Here is the list of parts and links:
- RTF OPERA QUAD FRAME (DJI Clone)
- OPERA FULLY POPULATED MAINPLATE "PHANTOM CONVERSION KIT"
- T2212-980KV RTF MOTOR
- RTF "PHANTOM" OPERA ESC 20AMP
- HQ PROP 9X4.3 CARBON COMPOSITE PROP
- 3DR PixHawk
- External USB and LED
- 915Mhz Telemetry
- u-blox GPS and Compass
- Tarot 2D Gimbal
- GoPro Hero 3+
- 5200 3s Multistar Battery
My plans for this build are to make it look like a custom DJI Phantom and keep it clean. The Main plate that he sells is a completed power distribution board, an integrated Power Module for the APM/PixHawk, and additional uBEC to power 5V and 12V accessories.
Below os a stock photo not the one I am building.