DJI Phantom Pixhawk Build

I am currently planning to build a PixHawk powered Phantom. I know this has been done before in some regards, but I wanted to share my process and build as I move forward. Here is the list of parts and links:

My plans for this build are to make it look like a custom DJI Phantom and keep it clean. The Main plate that he sells is a completed power distribution board, an integrated Power Module for the APM/PixHawk, and additional uBEC to power 5V and 12V accessories. 

Below os a stock photo not the one I am building.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, I am also able to make this phantom 2 configuration with pixhawak 2.4.8 .... I wanted to ask you if there is phantom in the pix 2.4.8 .......... I need to have some tricks for let her stay inside the phantom

Russell Nelius said:

This build is killing me. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the esc/motor's to respond after arming. Pixhawk is reading the outputs from my taranis correctly, the safety switch is working, the pixhawk is arming, but the motors will not spin up. I've tested each esc with a servo tester and they work fine with the servo tester but when I hook it back up to the pixhawk i get zero response. Please help!!

You'll notice that only two of the servo leads are hooked up to pixhawk for the motors... that's because in frustration i ruined the signal pads on two of the esc's...

3702349378?profile=original3702349288?profile=original3691333563?profile=original3702349513?profile=original

DJI Phantom Pixhawk Build
    I am currently planning to build a PixHawk powered Phantom. I know this has been done before in some regards, but I wanted to share my process and bu…
  • Hi, being me to realize this project too I wanted to know if the pixhawak 2.4.8 is inside the drone .... or it is too big. Thank you
  • we are professional bldc motor used for Drones, UAV and Quodcopters, Crazy motor is the symbol of high quality and stable performance, mroe info, please find in our website:

http://www.crazy-motor.com

ABUIABACGAAguY-axAUo3rL48QMw5QM4pwM.jpg

ABUIABAEGAAg05DaxAUo5reT8QEwngY43AM.png

Professional BLDC Drone Motors  manufacturer
    As best drone motors and BLDC Motor for Drone supplier. We Customize drone Brushless motor and  electric drone motors for your droneand UAV system
  • This build is killing me. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the esc/motor's to respond after arming. Pixhawk is reading the outputs from my taranis correctly, the safety switch is working, the pixhawk is arming, but the motors will not spin up. I've tested each esc with a servo tester and they work fine with the servo tester but when I hook it back up to the pixhawk i get zero response. Please help!!

You'll notice that only two of the servo leads are hooked up to pixhawk for the motors... that's because in frustration i ruined the signal pads on two of the esc's...

3702349378?profile=original3702349288?profile=original3691333563?profile=original3702349513?profile=original

• I'm also planning on one of these. Will a genuine Phantom 2 shell be sufficient? RTFQ doesn't have a helpline...

• Hello again. I received the plate and my question now is the function of the USB ports. I have seen that are connected between them, but nothing more . a greeting

• The quality of the Opera plastic is, I hear, very poor. The screw threads do not even stand up to multiple fastenings I have read. Will the Opera main plate fit into a genuine Phantom 2 shell. If it can be made to work that is what i would do.

Also, you may want to look at a Pixracer board. It is smaller and has built in wifi (not yet working for Arducopter but I trust it will soon).

• HI, we can used 4S battery whit this mainplate?

Thanks

• Yes, I used 4s batteries in my setup. Worked fine.

This reply was deleted.

Activity