ChaseCam.gif

Current Features:
Parsing for NMEA, SiRF, uBlox, MediaTek, ArduIMU Binary and AP ACSII
Record/Playback for raw datastream
Working avionics instruments
3D rendering of EasyStar, FunJet, Quad and a few other models
Google Earth and Google Maps real-time (non-KML) disply
Live video stream
Himan readable serial data stream (including binary)
Windows only

Still to come:
APM 2-way communication and configuration including in flight waypoint editing
Auto download of waypoint data for AP
Language translation file
X-Bee uploading of compiled source
Resizing and possibly drag and drop of components
Save video stream
KML file support
http://code.google.com/p/happykillmore-gcs/downloads/list

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you want the number of satellites now add the following to GSC_Ardupilot tab then under the void print_position

SendSer(",SAT:");
    SendSer((int)GPS.num_sats);

I add it just before the following line
    SendSerln(",***");

Working on Fix at the moment

• I am having big problems getting your ground station to work for me.  I have purchased the entire APM system with Oilpan IMU and MediTek GPS.  I have flash updated the Media Tek GPS, Reset the GPS after it obtained its own lock and I still can't get a GPS lock on your ground station.  I have the baud rate set at 38400 for usb and 115200 for telemetry.  If I use the Ardupilot "Legacy"version of code I get GPS time on your system but it is off by 10 minutes according to another gps.  I get Latitude and Longitude readings and all sensor data but no gps lock after 20 minutes.  I have tried sampling as slow as 1hz for altitude, waypoint and location.  Still the same.  But the biggest problem comes when I try to use the view buttons at the bottom right of the screen.  If I click on those Google Earth beams me out to 70,000 miles off the planet.  The scaling and pan buttons on Google Earth don't work but I can click on the image and it increases in size. (although not normal for Google Earth.) The Ardupilot "Standard" version works similar with your GCS but it is more stable with the buttons. Still, it would be difficult to trust working this way.  There seems to be a lot of drift of the signal as can be seen from the multiple lines that acqusititions of the sattelites draw on the screen.  I also don't get any sattelite information such as the number of the sattelite or how many are seen.  Just thought you may have some ideas about what may be wrong.  Any advice is appreciated.

• Hi Happy,

Very happy with your GCS keep it coming.

Using 1.1.26 on win7 64 or 32 and noticed in the settings/General tab the roll text changes from Normal to Reversed but the others dont change the text, but do change state.

Small problems I know

Alex

• Jon, then I might have a typo on my import routine. Sounds like I need to divide by 10
  • Hi HK,

Small question; when using the Arduino Serial Monitor, I can see data coming in looking normal:

+++ASP:4,THH:0,RLL:0,PCH:-2,***
    +++ASP:3,THH:0,RLL:0,PCH:-2,***
    +++ASP:4,THH:0,RLL:0,PCH:-2,***
    +++ASP:2,THH:0,RLL:0,PCH:-2,***

However, if I connect to that same com port (15) and with the same baud settings (9600) using the HKGCS I get nothing... also the raw serial stream is empty after 'checking 9600 baud'. Do you have any suggestions?

I've replace my xbee radios (that worked fine) with new APC220 radios.

thanks in advance!

Serge

ps. it does say 'connected to COM15 @ 9600' in the GCS, but everything else remains motionless/empty

• Depends upon the protocol. When it comes in I convert it from what the protocol sends it as into what the user wants it to be. Most are in meters. Why do you ask?
  • Hi Happy,

Does your GCS expect the altitude in the datastream in feet or meters?

• Developer

With release v1.1.13 all data types are working 100% with a new space for PDOP in Status window now.

Thank you HappyK for latest bug fixes!

• Developer

3692138733?profile=original

I have just completed mods to AP_GPS libraries and APM code to support uBlox DOP data.  Added support for message NAV-DOP,  all changes work except, GPS fix_type.

I started by sending Position_DOP and Fix_Type from NAV-SOL, I got that going and then tackled the new NAV-DOP message, sending h_dop and p_dop all DOP data is available if needed. The NAV_DOP mesage must be set to sending in uCenter and config saved. I get some red warnings in the GPS Msg window when first starting up.

• Definitely getting better and better, good work mate! Any plans on making that turn coordinator work like a real one? ie rate of turn rather than angle of bank?

This reply was deleted.

Activity