Replies

• I get that occasionally as well and do believe it is a bug.  It's not there every time and you learn to ignore it when it does show up I suppose.

• Please help guys

• Are you using PPM sum? and what radio are you using?

• hi zubair.. ok I think you're good to go, I flew 2.5km+ on ezuhf diversity and the lowest link strength was 97% majority of the time its a solid 100%.. why dont you reverse the output of channel 8 by changing the param rc8_rev to -1.

• No i think i haven't make my point clear. I am using the channel 7 for flight modes so its working fine. My RSSI from receiver to APM is from ch4-ch8. I have said that i am only using total 7 PPM channels from my radio so that the ppm channel 8 ( from the radio) will not interfere with the RSSI input channel 8 on APM. I don't know why i am getting the reverse values for channel 8 in mission planner when i turn off and turn on the radio.

I have set the minimosd to channel 8 RSSI. I have just done a flight today around 2 km but my RSSI never came down from 100%. And for your info i have set the nim as max and max as min PWM value in CT because of my reverse PWM values.

Should i try to output RSSI in channel 4 of my receiver instead of Link?

• hi zubair.. if RX channel 4 is the only LINK channel you have and that's whats connected to channel 8 then thats where the RSSI should be read.  Your channel 7 might be reading something else which I suspect is your flight mode channel.  Your RX->APM links are probably good already (thats the easiest part since you can see the cables).. I suggest you check the radio calibration screen to verify which channel is servicing the flight mode and rssi/link.

• Sir i totally understand your advise and followed it completely. But my case is a little strange. I am taking PPM sum from channel 1 as i am using 4 ch EZUHF receiver so i have 3 channels left. I used channel 4 for link as i am not using rudder on my skyhunter. I have taken out the cable connection from ch 4 of my receiver and put it on channel 8 of apm and changed the flight mode channel to 7 which is working.

I opened Mission planner and added channel 8 input on the hud to see min and max values. But i can not see any change in the channel 8 (PWM - 1496) after power cycling my radio (Taranis).

So i decided to use 7 ppm channel output from my radio and see if i can see the change. Now i can see 993 as maximum value (Radio on) and 1498 minimum radio off. Why its reversed?

• Zubair, if channel 4 of your ezuhf is dedicated to 'link' then your flight modes are being coursed through another channel.  For example, if your flight mode goes out of channel 5 of your receiver and you plug this to channel 5 in the apm you can change the flight mode APM paramater to '5'.. I think the actual parameter name is FLTMODE_CH.. I can be mistaken just do a search on the 'all parameters' pane.  As for your minimosd, dont forget to update it using CTools and point RSSI to channel 8.  Good luck!

• Ok that means i can attach the cable from channel 4 from my 4 ch lite receiver (mapped to link) and put it on channel 8 input of apm.

Then what will happen to the flight mode channel? It is also 8 by default in apm right?

• no need to compile zubair, doesnt matter what output channel from ezuhf you have that as long as you have it on LINK.  The important thing to do is you connect that channel to channel 8 of the APM input.  That's because currently MinimOSD can only ready the RSSI from channel 8 in the mavlink data.  So minimosd must read channel 8.

This reply was deleted.

Activity